26.4

Sebastian stood silent in shock.

"Yes, it was her own blood, injected into them purposefully. When it began killing them at last, I knew she was ready. And so she was released purposefully with the fate of being used against something like you.

"Ah, but the creation... that was quite a tedious process. Yes, it took several years to perfect her. And it seemed to have taken a slight toll on her, such as the way she fears demons. Apparently when she was used against the weaker ones during her creation, she was scarred by them. Doesn't that explain why she feared you greatly once she figured out what you were?"

"Any mortal with common sense would fear me," Sebastian told him, glaring.

"And there's something else missing from your story," Ciel added. "Then what about her fiancé who shared your name, and the ring that she vaguely remembered?"

"Oh, him?" Serafin shook his head. "I was not the one who performed and gathered the materials for the experiments on the mortals. I hired a man, a scientist, to carry out that dirty work. I paid him well, and he was very interested in the job, and willing to make the sacrifices. Except, he made one flaw... and that was falling in love with my Estella. As soon as he knew her fate, he began sneaking around behind my back and trying to somehow rescue her by earning her trust. I found this out when I saw a ring on her finger that hadn't been put there by me."

Ciel gasped quietly, his eyes widening. He was on her side all along. Still, he felt no guilt in killing him. He hadn't thought his plan through at all, and even if he could have taken her away, Serafin would have found them without a doubt.

"Nevertheless," the angel continued. "He received a proper punishment for his stupidity. He had no clue what he was dealing with when he came to take her back, and suffered a vain death." He looked to Sebastian with a slight smile. "I suppose I have to thank you for putting an end to that rat. He lied to me and betrayed me, but the part that truly sickened me was when he took the name of her creator, the one she is supposed to love."

Sebastian clenched his hands into fists, his blood boiling.

"That's right, demon," he told him, fueling his rage with every word. "Her love for you is merely a façade. It was I she was created to love, as I love her. Once this is over, she will be in my arms, where she belongs."

"I've had enough of this. Young master," he looked to Ciel, handing him the torch and kneeling beside him. "If you would, please find Lady Estella and take her away from here."

Ciel nodded. "And as for you, do not leave until you resolve the situation fully. That's an order." He turned and made his way out the door.

Sebastian stood, turning back to the angel as his eyes flashed red. "Yes, my lord."

~~~~