8.5

Sebastian had planned to never speak a word or even acknowledge it, but now it seemed that it was simply out of his control. And with each passing day, he was beginning to care more about it and less about resistance. Still, admitting it was an entirely different situation, especially when it involved his master instead of his subconscious. But it was much too late to do anything about it now that he had been ordered by the contract.

Sebastian kneeled down before his master, bowing his head in shame. Ciel couldn't help but let his expression soften ever so slightly. He had never seen him quite like this.

"Yes, my lord," Sebastian began. "Something has been, indeed, troubling me lately. An inner conflict, to be exact. I apologize for not containing myself like I should have, which is the root cause for the behavior which you are speaking of. I have begun feeling an emotion no demon should ever feel. It is a sensation that is pleasure on its own, stronger than the greatest admiration I've ever experienced."

"Sebastian," Ciel gasped, his mouth hanging open slightly in shock. "You're not saying..."

"I'm afraid I am, my lord," Sebastian slowly looked up to meet his widened blue eyes. "I love her."

His master was silent. "Does anyone else know?" Ciel finally asked, continuing to avoid his eyes.

"No. I've only just wholly admitted this to myself."

"I see," he nodded, climbing into his bed.

"Master?" Sebastian began. Ciel looked back up at him. "You're not... angered by the fact I..."

"I'm not sure," he answered quietly. "I'm more shocked than anything. It's just hard to imagine you could..." Ciel's mind was shattered by what he had just heard. It was true he wasn't familiar with Sebastian's innermost feelings, but it was common sense to suppose a demon could have no emotions of that sort. Or, perhaps he misjudged? Whatever the case, it wasn't as if he could order him not to feel it, could he? "I believe I'll simply act as if I didn't hear it, unless the situation progresses. I expect you to do the same."

"Of course, my lord," Sebastian bowed, picking up the candles as he stood. "Now, I bid you goodnight."

~~~~

gth: 4z^