Chapter 5.1: Familiarity

Finny had just lead me inside the doors of the mansion when the butler met us in the hallway.

"Excuse me, my lady," Sebastian greeted me with a bow. "Dinner is prepared. Will you be joining my master this evening?"

"Oh, I'll be fine dining as a servant. Since my rank is unknown, you really don't have to treat me more than I may be."

"Don't be ridiculous, Lady Estella," Sebastian gave me a soft smile, putting some emphasis on the added title in my name. "You're our guest, and my master is eager to get to know you better." I then understood he was inviting me to dinner to encourage some of my memories to resurface with conversation.

"If that's the case, then I'd be delighted to have dinner with him," I answered with a thankful nod. I was going to have a second (and hopefully better) chance at an impression—a normal dinner situation, instead of 'hi your butler randomly brought me home and I forgot who I am can I stay here?'

Sebastian looked to Finny. "You're dismissed now. Thank you for giving her a tour."

"I'll see you tomorrow, Estella," Finny waved at me as he started to turn. Sebastian glared at him. Finny's face paled ever so slightly as he straightened his posture and gave me a slight bow. "I mean, my lady!"

I giggled a little and nodded back to him. When I looked back to Sebastian, he appeared to be staring at my dress, observing closely as he narrowed his eyes. It's then that I noticed the mud stains Pluto had left when he knocked me over.

"What happened?" Sebastian asked me. It was my turn for my face to pale. The white changed to a darker pink as he took my hand and examined my arm. "You're injured..."

I turned my elbow over to look closer. The dress was a little torn. There were scrapes up my arms.

"It's only a few scratches. I fell." I think I answered a little too quickly for my excuse to be credible by any means. Still, I was telling the truth.

"A lady with your grace fell?" he repeated my words under his breath. I pulled my shoulders in at the doubting tone of his voice. "If you didn't fall, would the cause of the incident happen be anything that needs to be addressed?"

"Not at all," I shook my head. "It was an accident. I'm perfectly fine."

He sighed heavily, bowing his head slightly in defeat. "Nevertheless, your clothes are unsuitable for dinner. Come with me, I just finished tailoring your dress."