27.2

"What was that?" Grell asked, shaken.

"Come on!" Ciel urged them, going towards it.

The three continued following the continuous shrieks as they grew louder and louder, then stopped altogether. It's then that they found a gigantic room that smelled of rotting meat. Lining the aisle were small prison cells, holding about five people each. Undertaker's smile slowly faded as he observed the place, continuing towards the cages. Ciel gasped and stepped back, nearly vomiting from the smell. Grell gagged and pinched her nose, muttering, "As if I needed another reason to hate this place..."

"Someone's alive back there," Ciel told her, following Undertaker.

"Alice! Alice! Hang in there!" a man was crying, shaking her. Another pulled him back.

"It's too late, she's gone. You know how it goes," he told him.

"Hello!?" Ciel called, spotting only a few moving figures among the many still ones.

"Who is that?" a woman's voice asked.

"I'm Earl Phantomhive," he told them, choking a little. "I'm with the London yard. Don't worry, we're going to get you out of there."

"Not so fast, Earl," Undertaker held out an arm to stop him.

"But these are the kidnapped victims! We need to get them out and get them medical treatment immediately!"

"If I could ask them a few questions, first," Undertaker smiled slightly.

Ciel growled under his breath, his eyes narrowing.

"Now then..." he wrapped his hands around the bars of a cage. "Why are you all here?"

"Is it not obvious?" one asked. "We were brought us here against our will!"

"A man kept us here and did subjected us to painful experiments, of which most of us died, except us," a woman sitting in the floor explained quietly.

"What kind of experiments?" Undertaker asked.

"Injections," she answered. "Blood transfusion. It burns like fire and slowly makes us sicker and weaker until..."

The man holding the young lady was still saying her name, almost to himself.

"Please, don't panic. We're going to get you out of here," Ciel assured them, turning to Grell and Undertaker. "Quick, someone give me something to pick the lock!"

~~~~