27.3

"Don't be so hasty to kill me, demon," Serafin smirked. "Don't you want to know the reason for my motivation?"

"I wasn't going to lay a finger on you until told me," Sebastian replied.

"Wonderful, because this is my favorite part of the story..." the man's eyes seemingly flashed. "Your young master is much more involved than you think."

His eyes widened. "Was it you who...?"

"Who killed his parents?" Serafin finished. "No. I was not yet a part of this when that event took place. Though, I did shortly after—namely, when you formed the contract." He sighed and began pacing about the room, making broad gestures as he continued his story. "And so the experiments began—to create a perfect and subtle poison for the most vile of beings. She was made to be a beautiful woman, genetically engineered to resemble Rachael Phantomhive as to gain the earl's trust."

"And you call me the vile one," Sebastian sneered.

"Please, you were the first to do it," he chuckled. "Bedsides, anyone with common sense would know that you cannot take the king with such a loyal pawn."

"So that's it. You created a poison to weaken me, to destroy me, to destroy the young master. But to use her as a weapon, to manipulate love..." his pupils turning into slits, his irises like flames. He opened his mouth to reveal the tips of fangs. "I say a penalty of death is in order for a monster like you."

"It will not be easy," Serafin scoffed, throwing off his coat and revealing his white, gold tipped wings. "I am an immortal being with all my power. However, your agility, speed, strength, and even your ability to regenerate your body have been weakened. It won't take much more than a stab to the heart to finish you off right now."

"Yes, but you forget that I draw from a new source. I will not destroy you in the name of the contract, or my master, but in the name of Estella, and everything you've done."

~~~~

le='m?ݐ^>