23.2

Sebastian was moving around the busy streets of London, searching for the area Undertaker had described to him. Of course, the information wasn't much, as it never was, but it was a base to work from. And this time, he was just as apt as them to solve the case.

As the roads grew thinner, and the crowds dissolved, he began to sense a presence that made him quite uneasy. He attempted to mind his own business, and hope that she was too busy with work to have time to care, but she wasn't. Of course she wasn't.

"Sebas-chan!" Grell called, leaping off a roof and blocking his path. "It's so good to see you out here! What brings you to the darker side of town?"

"It's no information you need to know. Now, I'm afraid I must get back to my investigation, and you probably have work to do."

"But I can't!" she moaned, clinging to his shoulder and slumping. "It's impossible to collect the souls around here!"

"Impossible?" Sebastian's unamused glare faded into curiosity. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, you're interested now, hmm?" Grell's mischievous smirk grew. "I suppose if you really want to know... you're going to have to give me something in exchange."

"Never mind, then," Sebastian sighed, carrying on his way.

"Well, if you don't want to know about the vanishing souls, then I'll be on my way." And like that, she leapt up into the air, landing on a rooftop.

"Really? I wouldn't imagine that your boss is a forgiving type. Considering I could help you solve your problem, I thought you'd simply give the information to me."

Grell stood in shock for a moment. "Aw, that's right! I'm already on bad terms and William's going to kill me! Fine, I'll tell you everything, but you have to keep up!"

With that, she bounded off, Sebastian following close behind.

~~~~

dbeL>