7.4

I guess you could say I spent that morning making friends with the servants. Mey-Rin had come to my door asking if I would like to meet the others. Thankful I finally had something to do, I went with her to the grand hall where Finny and the other two were standing around, talking.

I was introduced to Tanaka, a nice old man who didn't exactly seem to respond, and the chef.

"Well, hello Mrs. Estella!" Bard greeted me with a grin, his eyes lighting up. I responded with a little bow of my head. "You cleaned up very nicely! Look a lot better from when Sebastian brought you here. Pretty, even!"

I tilted my head and smiled. "Thank you. And you are?"

"I'm Bard, the chef here. Though, in truth, Sebastian does most of the cooking..." he looked down as he scratched his head.

My face grew even redder at the memory of being carried in the butler's arms.

"Well, that seems to be the last of the preparations," a familiar voice came from behind me. I turned around and gasped, a smile spreading on my face.

"Uh—hey Sebastian!" Finny said nervously. I watched as the servants tensed up—all except for Tanaka. I'm not sure if that was from Sebastian being there or the young master standing beside him.

"We already finished our chores for today, we did," Mey-Rin stuttered a bit as she explained. "We're all ready for Lady Elizabeth's visit!"

"Yes, but did you..." Sebastian began naming off a list of chores for each one. My eyes grew wider as I listened. How could he keep up with all of them?

"Good morning, Lady Estella," Ciel greeted me while that went on. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. And you?"

"Good. Lady Elizabeth is about to arrive. Will you stay here to greet her with us?"

"I was planning on it, yes."

"Wonderful. And, about her," there was a pause as he appeared to cringe ever so slightly. "She can be a bit... overbearing. I'm giving you a fair warning. But you mustn't worry. She's a very nice girl."

"Alright," I nodded, blinking in confusion.

"Then I am very impressed with you all," Sebastian mumbled as he ended his list for the servants. "We have approximately two minutes before Lady Elizabeth arrives."

I couldn't help but wonder how he could be so sure about that. Even if they gave him a specific time, it's almost impossible to get there the very minute you say you will. And from the distance they probably were, there was no way he could have heard them or seen them, was there? Well, perhaps if he were on the roof of the mansion just a minute ago.

I looked up to see Sebastian standing with Ciel at the window as if he were watching something. I quietly made my way to their sides to search for Lady Elizabeth's carriage. I could see nothing but a thick mass of trees. Curious, I looked at him. He returned my confused expression with his smirk-like smile.

Like he said, it was almost two minutes before I saw the carriage come down the path. How did he know? Without using any of my guesses, I'd say he was simply one hell of a butler.

I watched as the butler and Ciel made their way out the door. Sebastian turned around and beckoned for me to follow. I put on a soft smile and went with them down the front steps of the manor to where the coach had just pulled up. Sebastian reached for the door when it flew open, nearly hitting him. A young girl bounded out and hit the ground running for the young master. "Ceeeeeeeil!"

ok atFư_