11.2

Sebastian was cleaning the pool room where the guests had spent most of their time when Ciel walked in.

"Sebastian," he called quietly, shutting the door behind him.

"Yes, master?" Sebastian stopped as he looked up at him, surprised Ciel had come to find him for once instead of calling.

"I've considered what you told me last night, about your feelings for Lady Estella..."

The butler's eyes widened as he awaited his master to continue.

"I've decided that it doesn't concern me or our contract, so even though I'll still find the situation odd, it doesn't truly matter." There was a pause as he crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "One more thing: Lady Estella... has been though a lot, it seems. I believe the happier she is, the better she will be able to access the memories she's lost. So, I give you full permission to act upon your emotions, so as long as they're benefiting to her."

Ciel looked up to him, smiling mysteriously. Sebastian's mouth hung open slightly before a smile spread across his face, gratitude showing in his eyes. "Thank you, my Lord. You have great kindness to allow me this."

"Well, she's in the front hallway now," Ciel almost smirked so much he grinned. "What are you waiting for? Go."

"Of course," the butler nodded, making his way out the door.

Finally. He was able to tell her.

~~~~

Chapter 12: The One who Challenged Fate

I had just finished bidding Lau and Ran Mao goodbye and was making my way towards the grand steps when Sebastian rounded the corner. His walk was brisk and graceful, his shoulder back and head high. The usual smile was on his face. Still, there was something very different about him that changed everything.

"Lady Estella," he called my name in a bright tone as he made his way down the stairs towards me.

"Sebastian, what..." I trailed off, wondering if that was a question that should be asked. Besides, I already knew that he seemed happier. It wasn't until he was but feet away from me that I realized the change was solely in his eyes. It was a rather peculiar look for him.

"I must speak with you about—well, I would find it to be an important matter, but... I'm almost unsure where to begin! I—"

"Sebastian," I giggled. "Slow down, you're acting like a schoolboy! What's made you like this?"

"I apologize, my lady," he closed his eyes and shook his head, laughing at himself. When he looked back up to me and our eyes locked, everything slowed down again. I become memorized in his gaze, and vice versa, it seemed. "I... I just... need to say..."

haW5fA+^