23.4

"We're here!" Grell told Sebastian with a grin, stretching her arms out in front of an abandoned building.

"Why did you bring us here?" Sebastian asked.

"Because—I've had quite a few souls on the To-Die List here tonight, but they seem to fade into thin air before I can reach them! It's such a pain! I mean, what would make them do that? And who on earth would be hanging around that nasty old place? It smells like dead rats—Sebastian?" She stopped when she realized she had lost him. The butler was staring at the old shack intently. His eyes narrowed for a moment in confusion.

"There's... something strange about this place," he nearly said to himself. "I sense a presence, but yet emptiness at the same time."

"What on earth is that supposed to mean?" Grell asked. There was no answer from him. "Sebastian...? Sebastian, you're scaring me!"

"There's... something I can't sense, that I'm unable to..." he continued. "Something..." His eyes suddenly widened as he placed a familiarity on it. "I'm afraid I cannot investigate with you any further tonight."

"What? But we just got into something here!" Grell whined. "Need I remind you that OCD freak puts deadlines on my work!?"

"I apologize for the inconvenience. I must consult our source and ask my master's permission to investigate any further. Thank you for all your help, Grell." He bowed to her, then turned and headed back towards the manor.

Grell crossed her arms and scoffed. "Ya, thanks for all yours, too."

~~~~

�ݦ�9�