Chapter 15.1: A Poisonous Essence

"Good morning, young master," Sebastian threw back the curtains, letting the dim light into the room.

Ciel turned over and groaned. "Isn't this a bit early? Or is it cloudy out?"

"The bad weather is gone. I'm afraid someone has sent for you. They claim that's its very urgent."

"How urgent?" he rubbed his eyes.

"Urgent enough for me to wake you an hour early, obviously." The butler looked over to see his master had fallen asleep again. "Master," he called a bit more loudly.

"Yes I'm awake... just... shutting... eyes..."

"You don't seem very awake," Sebastian sighed. "If you'd like, I can make your tea extra strong."

"Yes, I'm going to need it..."

Sebastian practically had to pull Ciel up and force the tea down his throat like a child taking medicine. Eventually, his mind woke up along with the rest of his body.

"So, what's this that's causing you to disturb me?"

"It's the Undertaker."

"Undertaker?" Ciel's visible eye widened. "He's calling for me?"

"Yes, I find it a bit strange myself. Usually it' the other way around," the butler answered him as he slipped the shoes on his master's feet. "His message wasn't very specific—along the lines of illegible, actually—but he did mention something about a body they uncovered near the area of our current investigation."

"Ugh, this case gives me a headache..." Ciel shook his head. "There's too much we still don't know and are unable to find out, even with you on my side. Tell me, Sebastian, is this another one of those things where I'm simply not asking you the right questions?"

Sebastian looked up at his master, smiling mysteriously. "No, my lord. I'm afraid that I know as little as you do on this one."

~~~~

r I z_