14.3

Bodies were laying across the floor of the Phantomhive manor. Around a few of them were pools of blood. The remaining people—about ten or so—were armed with guns and looking around like madmen. What they were searching for, I had no idea, but when the awful presence hit me, I understood. All I could do was stand there, frozen in fear, and watch as the rest of the bloody scene played out before me like I was trapped in a live nightmare.

"Where did he go!?" one of them exclaimed.

Seemingly from nothingness, silver streaks emerged from the shadows of the room, hitting a few of them directly in the head and killing them instantly. I covered my mouth to mask the oncoming scream and hid around the corner. Once I convinced myself to turn back, I discovered that the mysterious projectiles appeared to be silverware.

"I'm out!" one of them darted for the exit, only to be stopped by the sudden appearance of a figure in the shadows. He screamed. Fired his gun. The snap of bones. Another scream. His body was flung across the floor towards the others.

"What is that thing!?" Just as he asked, the 'thing' was behind him, and snapping his neck, too. He fell to the floor.

The remaining four crowded closer together and began firing at the shadow. The figure leapt into the air, landing in the midst of them. They simultaneous turned inwards, fixing their four guns on it. I was sure they had it, but once the firing stopped, the figure was still standing. It held up its hand—no, his hand—revealing that he had caught the bullets between his fingers. In one quick motion, he flung them at the others, killing them. He landed at the top of the staircase, just down the hall from me.

n>"WRY