Chapter 30.1: The Story's End

That night, thunder roared outside the windows and rain poured heavily. Ciel had called the servants to his office to speak with them. He told them about her death, and how Sebastian had seemingly forgotten everything about loving her. Because of this, he asked them not to mention Estella anymore.

They were all silent as they listened, hanging their heads in mourning. Afterwards, he allowed them to stay in the room with them for a while, mostly because he did not want to be along quite yet.

Tanaka stared out the window at the storm. Finny sat down on the sofa, sniffling. Mey-Rin hugged him, trying to cheer him up, biting her lip and trying not to cry.

"She was one of us..." Bard said, lighting a cigarette and hanging his head with his arms crossed across his chest tighter than usual. "A Phantomhive."

"Poor young master," Finny whispered quietly so that only Mey-Rin could hear. "She spent so much time with him. She must have been like a mother to him."

"She was such a sweet girl," Mey-Rin said.

"It doesn't matter that her life was short," Tanaka said as he turned around. They all looked up at him, including Ciel. "It was beautiful. Think of it."

"She was always happy," Finny said.

"And she had Sebastian," Bard smiled.

"We were her family," Mey-Rin added. "And this was her home."

Tanaka nodded. "Having her here was wonderful, even if we had to say goodbye."

Soon, they were all heading back to their rooms, where they laughed and cried themselves to sleep.

���u>�