4.4

"...bastian... Sebastian?" Bard was waving his hand in front of Sebastian's face, bringing him back to reality. He had imagined the scene. Come to think of it, the words could have never been Bard's.

Sebastian sighed. "I'm sorry, Bard. I don't know what's happening. And... it honestly frightens me."

"It's alright, Sebastian..."

"No, there's no excuse for this," Sebastian hung his head in shame. "I am a butler, and as a butler, I must remain strong and composed. I cannot let little matters such as this bother me."

Bard searched hard for the right words to say. "You're only human."

Sebastian only hung his head lower. "Bard, you really are a fool," he whispered, half chuckling. After regaining a hold on himself, he looked back up to the chef with a slight smile. "You look very tired. Why don't you take the rest of the day off and lie down? I can handle dinner."

"Are you sure? You seem to be the one who needs rest."

"First of all, working puts my mind at ease. Second of all, I'll leave you solo in the kitchen when hell freezes over."

"Alright, then," he told the butler, making his way towards the door. "I guess I'll see you later."

"And, Bard," the butler called his name without turning. "I... trust you won't say anything about what I've said to you."

"R-right. Of course."

Bard went out of the room and made his way to the servant's quarters. Sebastian continued preparing dinner.

~~~~

}