11.5

"Lady Estella?" I was called back by Ciel's voice.

"I'm sorry, I..." I looked up to see everyone had their eyes on me. "I seemed to have gotten lost in my thoughts for a moment."

"Does any of this sound familiar to you?"

"Some things yes, but others..." I cringed, looking at my apparent fiancé. "I believe it's just a bit overwhelming, is all."

"The rest will come to you with time," Serafin told me. "You just need to be around things that are familiar to you. You're never going to recover from this if you stay here."

"What do you think, Estella?" Ciel asked me. "Do you feel comfortable leaving with this man?"

My face paling at the sudden realization of the decision I had to make, my eyes darted back and forth between them. Serafin looked at me, his posture leaned towards me, pleading. Ciel sat back in his chair, his eyes dark and his expression serious as usual. Sebastian... surprisingly, smirked, narrowing his eyes.

Suddenly, a crash of thunder startled us. Serafin and I jumped, I saw Ciel sit up, but Sebastian remained a statue. He casually walked to the window and pulled the curtains back the curtains to reveal heavy, roaring rain. A bright flash lit up the dark sky, revealing the bending trees, as another thunder crash sounded.

"It seems to have come up a nasty storm," he mumbled. "I hate to say, but it looks like neither of you will be leaving tonight."

"Yes, I suppose you'll have to stay here, Lord Serafin," Ciel sighed, resting on his elbow and glaring at the butler. Sebastian only replied with his far too bright and innocent smile.

"That will be of no inconvenience to me," Serafin smiled. For some reason, the expression sent chills down my spine. The smile he had before was nice. But this one was... slyer, and more... realistic. Something truly wasn't right.

~~~~

l^