Chapter One - A Fine Assassin

To control.

To manipulate.

To kill.

The three principles of assassination. Once those three are nailed down, you're ready to go. Of course, that's a risky task. The thing about assassination is that once you enter this zone, there's no turning back.

"Aika. I have another... Assignment for you."

"Understood. What is it." I was a paid assassin since I was 10. Trained by a mentor from America, I chose the path of assassination since I was 6. Why? Let's just keep it as a secret for now.

The man gave me this sinister smile and slid a black file across the coffee table, with a red stamp written TOP SECRET on it. But without even peeking what's inside the file, it's already clear who my next target is. It's the hot topic of the year, probably in history as well.

"It's him, isn't it." it's barely a question now. More of a statement.

"The one that blew up the moon. Kill it."

A Mach 20 octopus that was created by the power of science and cross-species DNA. Information leaked out a bit from the government and I managed to grab hold of that. The last thing I heard was that he's teaching at this high school for whatever the reason.

"Might as well be kill confirmed," I said. The man gave me another dark smile.

"As expected from a professionally trained assassin."

"Well, an apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Father." I replied.

~~~~~

I stared at the tall building called Kunugigaoka Junior high, the most elite school in Japan. I couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. I was always taught privately and hung out with adults since most of the assassins were around that age. Even though there were students the same age as me, they wouldn't even care because we each had our own tasks. We don't have much time to talk or anything. What we do were to train, study, and kill. It's a routine that we do every day, to the point when even eating was a task. It's been like that for 7 years of my life, but now I'm here. Going to a school filled with students whom I'm not sure how to interact, and if I could even fit in.

"I'll lead you to the examination room, Kasumi-San." a lady wearing a pencil skirt, a neat white, button-up shirt under her business-like khaki colored jacket stood next to me. Her eyes were the color of dark chocolate. Her matching brown hair was tied to a neat bun. She must be Father's assistant. I just nodded along and walked forth.

The halls were long, gray, and dull, as if the architect who designed it was in a depressive state or was just obsessed with the color gray. It felt like walking through a mental institution. The classes seemed to duplicate themselves for each room. They looked exactly the same, with the occupied students as the only difference.

Once I reached my examination room, students were either just freaked out nervous, reading textbooks, or just plainly don't care, playing Flappy Bird or agar.io on their phone.

"Now I leave the rest to you, Kasumi-San." The assistant left, her high heels click-clacking against the floor. I sat down on my desk and patiently waited for the teacher to come. Looks like I have to kill time. Despite being taught by highly trained assassins who covered near to all subjects, that doesn't mean I will get it all right. Humans are destined to make mistakes, after all. So I just have to be extra careful.

I noticed a middle-aged man entered the room with sheets of paper and handed them out to each student. Once he reached his furnished desk and sat down on his chair, he looked intently at the ticking clock on the wall. The clock ticked, and ticked. Once the minute hand reached its peak, the teacher spoke.