Chapter Seven - Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

(Word Count: 2492 words)

"Surprise." She said, smiling. "No worries, I'm in your team. Karma-kun told me that you've never done laser tag before, so, yeah. Hit the people who have red lights coming from their vest. Okay? This is boys vs. girls, so, if they have a red vest or a boy, just shoot 'em!"

"Okay. But let's make a plan first. Round up all the girls, and we'll clear the area. Okay? First, we start horizontally, and we slowly clear our way to the boys' side. That way, we'll have them all cornered to their own base and shoot them off."

"Hmm... not a bad idea."

"But, we'll need some girls to stay behind, just in case some guys manage to break through. How about... me and Kanzaki-san? We'll take care of the escapees."

"Okay then. I'll round up the girls."

Within a few minutes, all the girls were here. And I told them the plan. "Okay. Any questions? None? Good. So let's do this." The girls walked side to side, and began to sweep the area, checking each corner and blind walls, ensuring no boys were there. If there were, they shot them, and they'd retreat to their refuge. Anyone who managed to slip through, Kanazaki and I would finish them off. It went so well, it has even reached the point where the boys were cornered.

"Wh-What?! How did this happen?!" Terasaka exclaimed.

"I-I dunno! They just swept the area, like it was a floor!" Sugaya awed.

"That was pretty smart, Aika-chan, doing a strategy like that. But aren't you forgetting someone?" Karma smiled. My eyes widened.

"Girls, keep them all in check. Keep shooting at them. Kanzaki-san, we're heading back. We're missing someone." I turned around, my guard really high now. There's no way I'm letting my guard down around him.

"We missed someone? Who?"

"Shiota Nagisa. He's still hiding somewhere-"

"YAAA!" A girl screamed. A sound from her vest made it blare in alarm. My eyes widened in realization. Oh, how could've I been a fool?!

"Forget about it! We're heading back!" I ran back to see the girls screaming in alarm.

"What is it, Aika-chan?"

"Nagisa-kun, he was with them this whole time! He must've been hiding behind... Karma-kun."

"A-Aika-chan?! Where are you?!" Kanzaki exclaimed.

Forget the plan.

I hid behind cover, my pistol in hand. I took a deep breath. It's time to stop holding back. Calculations began to cover my surroundings, everything turned into formulas and numbers.

 Calculations began to cover my surroundings, everything turned into formulas and numbers

(Like that ^^)

I got out of cover and aimed at Nagisa-kun, who made my original plan fail. Then again, I usually like to go all out, guns blazing. Forget about plans. I pulled the trigger, and he was shot square in the back.