Chapter Forty One

Aika Kasumi's POV

"Yatta..." I sighed, stretching my back. A satisfying crack could be heard, so I slouched a little as I walked. I just finished another fieldwork out of country. This time, it was in Greenland. How ironic, since it's filled with snow and ice. But hey, I got some nice souvenirs there, so that's alright.

It was a nice, warm, day. The middle of the day, actually. I just returned from the Ministry of Defense building, and on my way back home. I could've taken a taxi, but a nice stroll around the place would be nice by now. As I walked through the familiar looking sidewalk, I noticed the Kunugigaoka building standing in its usual glory. I couldn't help but to chuckle.

Bzzt... bzzt... I could hear my phone ringing. I looked at the phone ID, and sighed.

"Yes? ...Oh, I'm on my way home... I see. I'll be back in time, don't worry... What? No, it's alright! I can handle myself just fine... Yes, goodbye." I hung up, then sighed yet again. This man... he hasn't given me a single break, even when I was still in 3-E. Well, that's him to the core.

An idea came up to my head. "Ehehe... what he doesn't know won't hurt him~" I grinned, looking at the direction of the 3-E building. "I still have tons of time in my hands. It won't hurt to pay an early visit." And so, I quickly hiked up the mountain.

Once I've arrived, a feeling of nostalgia filled my heart. The good memories... bad memories... replaying inside my head. I took tentative step towards the old building, placing my head against the wall. "...Tadaima, Korosensei." I whispered softly.

I looked at the lock. It was a bit rusted due to time. A mischievous grin came on my face. "Ehehe..." I took out a bobby pin inside of my pocket. I inserted the bobby pin inside the lock, twisting it around a little until a soft click came out. I pulled the lock, and it opened. "Heh, works every time." I slid open the door and looked around. The place had certainly gathered some dust over the years. But still, a soft grin came on my face as I recalled the first time I entered this building. The first time entering the classroom. My first school teacher was... extraordinary. Just when I pulled myself out of my thoughts, I realized I stood in front of the blackboard, a chalk-drawing of Korosensei drawn on the bottom right corner.

I giggled. "You left so much of yourself here. Speaking of which..." I looked at the spot where I used to sit. "Let me leave a small mark of myself here for the others to see." I checked in my bag and wondered what to leave. A prank, perhaps? That's so Karma, though... but aye, maybe something that show's that it's me. I pulled out some anti-sensei bullets that I had stolen a bit from the ministry of defense junk room, as well as a bottle of water.

Pulling out a thin thread out and tied it on the doorframe and the sliding door, making a homemade tripwire trap where the anti-sensei bullets and water would spray everywhere. It'd also make a loud noise to startle whoever her victim was. Additionally, the water would make them at least a little wet.

"Well that's that!" I grinned in pride. I headed off to where my desk stood, as sat down. It was a lot smaller now. Perhaps it's because of how tall I am. All the fieldwork and workouts made me earn some extra inches, now being two centimeters taller than Karma. I also took off my glasses (not opaque anymore!), as they have no use to me anymore. Now that I see the classroom without the lenses, it's as if I could imagine the moments of the past spurring through.

My ears suddenly perked up the sound of a sliding door from the entrance of the campus. "Hm?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Did somebody get their invitation wrong? It's too early for the 3-E students to come here. I immediately hid behind the teacher's desk, peeking from the side. I would've gone against the wall, but then the anti-sensei and water would hit me if they hit my tripwire.