Chapter Forty Two - Epilogue

(Nostalgia - Lucas King)
(4925 words)

Kasumi Aika's POV

It was late afternoon.

The sun was setting, bathing everything in its sight with gold and orange. It was spring, where it wasn't too cold neither too hot. Even a simple sweater was more than enough. Simply, it was the perfect weather, especially one to hang out with a certain red idiot.

We were walking through the park beneath the red maple trees, enjoying ice cream sundae cookie cups. Not only that we could eat the ice cream, but the cup itself as well. Not going to lie, enjoying a great view with a great boyfriend and great ice cream is the best.

"You know, I just realized something." Karma spoke up, licking his fingers from the excess ice cream that trickled down. "Even though we've been dating for ten years, we spent half of the first relationship far away from each other. Like, out of country far away. And most couples don't last through LDR. Is it because our bond is that good?"

I chuckled. "Either that or we were so engrossed in our work that we never had the time to think about being unfaithful or such. We did promise to focus on our studies first."

"True." He shrugged. "But it's kinda amazing we managed to get this far without straying off, right?"

"That's also true." I hummed, just now finished eating the ice cream. "But how spontaneous of you, Karma. I never thought you'd be saying stuff like that out of the blue."

"Well, being with you rubbed me off, I guess. However, fishing up bullies is a hobby I'll never give up on."

"Or started."

"Oh hush, shor- ahem."

I raised a brow. "Were you about to call me a 'shortcake'?" I asked, now smirking. "Should I remind you that I'm taller than you now, love? Two centimeters now~"

"N-No! I didn't." He huffed, his cheeks in a light shade of pink.

I chuckled. "Also, I hope you haven't forgotten about the bet. Maid costume, remember~?"

His face seemed to have turned into pure horror by then. "Holy crap, I regret that so much."

"Who's the shortcake now, shortcake~?" I poked his cheek teasingly. He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, long beans."

"L-Long beans?!"

"Yeah. Tall, skinny, and flat. Perfect candidate."

"Why you- (`Δ')!"

"Hey, remember what day it is today?"

"Ah..." I paused, thinking for a little. "Oh! It's the day of the month where you try to make something! I'm glad you remembered~"

"Unlike you."

"Shush! You just needed a change of topic.

~~~~~

"Tada~" He sang, showing off a...

"Chocolate ball!" I gasped, already eyeing for a small container filled with melted caramel or something to pour on top of it.

"Relax, Long beans. You can't eat dessert until you start with the appetizers and main course."

"Wait, that means... You made an entire meal? For me?" I gasped again. "Aww~ Karma, I love you so much!" I tackled him into a hug, grinning so much that my cheeks were hurting. Usually, this idiot would just make one type of food, like a burger or an omurice. But this is such a huge improvement!