Chapter Thirty Three

"'The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' As Martin Luther King Jr. says. And with your sharpest blades, I want you to conquer both."

That's what my father taught me when I was young. To master both intelligence and character.

~~~~~

Damn, this is harder than I thought. I sighed as I went through each question with ease. I mean, you could enter college with this level of intelligence. Asano-Kouchou is seriously pulling some strings, hmm.

I looked around uncomfortably to see the other students going through the questions with bloodlust in their eyes. I sighed again.

They won't keep up for long if they only depend on bloodlust. Even I couldn't do that.

Once the first two tests were over, I walked towards Asano. "Hey." I greeted.

"Did you do your test well?"

"A bit harder than what I expected from them. Your father's teaching is insane, Gakushuu-kun."

"Compared to my father, yours is scarier. Living with him must be unbearable for the mind." He said.

"And why do you think I'm not home-schooled anymore, Gakushuu-kun?" I joked.

"But nevertheless, I will defeat you this time. But of course, your extra tutoring has helped me efficiently."

"Aww, that's so flattering coming from someone like you, Gakushuu-kun." I chuckled. "But sorry to break it to you, I will steal first place from you again."

"We'll see."

~~~~~

Oh my lord, this last one is so bothersome. I thought as I looked at the question. It's such a long question that I feel bored looking at it. And the last sentence could really mess up some people. But, the answer is so simple. The phrase you should concentrate on looking at is... 'multiple cubes a having sides 1 arranged periodically.' That means that there's infinite amount of cubes. We all have our own domains, all the same size, the same distance apart. If we're all cut from the same box, those eight contiguous boxes can be broken up into the same proportion, meaning each person's domain is one-eighth. One box has one me and one-eighth of eight people. In other words, the ratio is 1 to 1. Meaning, the domain I own is half the cube. So the answer is a³/2.

Man, this is primary school stuff.

"Asano-kun, the test is over." I heard the teacher said as Gakushuu frantically wrote the answer. Hmm, he must've concentrated on the latter.

"One more line... Dammit. And I knew the answer, too!" He broke his pencil in half out of frustration.

Once we handed our tests, I went straight to the E Class classroom, just in time to see the others coming out of the class.

"Nagisa-kun! Karma-kun!" I called out once I saw their faces.

"Hmm? Ah, Aika-chan." Nagisa waved. Karma gave me a haughty smirk.

"Did you manage to answer the last question?" He asked.

"Piece of cake. It's actually the easiest question out of all of them." I laughed.

"Eh." Nagisa's jaw dropped.

"Ganbatte, Nagisa-kun. I'm sure your results will be amazing." I gave him a thumbs up. I looked back to see a frustrated looking Gakushuu. "Hey, I gotta go back to help my flunkie. He seems to be having a hard time coping with the fact that he didn't finish answering the last question. See ya~!" I gave them a small wave before going back to Asano. "Hi, hi~!" I sang.