Chapter Eleven - Truth or Dare

(3734 words)

First you take the Earth, if you'd be so inclined

Put a nice, big, bean in Tokyo, just like that

And another one in Sichuan, China, easy as can be

Now fly from Dubai to Hawaii, leaving contrails across the sky as you go

Fly back to Dubai but a different arc, passing the Philippines on the way

And then!

Fly north and south between Hawaii and Dubai, changing direction every twenty-five degrees

And that's how you draw Korosensei!

"Now you try!"

"Yeah, right!" (screams of sarcasm)

~~~~~

Bang! I shot the dummy on the head.

"Sugoi, Kasumi-san! You'd be an amazing cop if you'll ever be one."

"Arigatou, Kantou-kun. But you know I can't be that." I smiled warmly at a friend of mine. He's the youngest the chief ever known to the Kyoto police station, and I would pop by as many times possible. And of course, an ex-assassin.

"They're still tailing you?" He asked.

"Yeah. It sucks." I said, shooting the target on the chest.

"You should kill them already."

"It's not that easy, and you know that." I said, dead serious. I looked at the male. "He's out there."

"Wait, you mean him?! I thought he was dead!"

"Everyone thought he was. But he faked his death. You know his specialty." I blind shot the target. Bullseye.

Kantou pursed his lips. "Good point. With that skill, faking a death is easy. By the way, how's your project going?"

"Smoothly, but still unfinished. Still need more materials. Did you get what I asked for?"

"Yep. Here." He handed me flash drive. "It's filled with those things you requested those years ago."

"Thanks." I put the flash drive in my secret pocket. "What time is it now, Kantou-kun?"

"Around 8?"

"Shoot, I've been hanging around too long. I should go. Thanks for letting me shoot for a bit, Kantou-kun." I put my glasses back on. "See you later."

"Drop by next time." He asked as he held open the door for me.

"Sure. And I want a paintball match against one of your squads next time, too."

~~~~~

"So that's how you play it?" I looked curiously at this thing called 'table-tennis'.

"Yes." Karasuma demonstrated with Mimura, who was crushed with defeat.

"Then, can I try?" I asked Mimura.

"Are you sure you can go against Karasuma-sensei? He's pretty good, you know."

"I'll try my best!"

"Really, now? Okay." Mimura handed his paddle -or bat for you Brits out there- to me.

"Get ready to lose, Karasuma-sensei!" I said, smashing the ping-pong ball. It zoomed past him before he even manged to move.

"Wha...?!" Isogai, Takebayashi, and Mimura's jaws met the floor.