Chapter Thirty Nine

Kasumi Aika's POV

"An intruder on the mountain! Seems they've gotten over the police line!"

"I-It's a mob of monsters! What a nightmare! I can't tell how many there are! Think you can mess with us?! Ack!"

Heh. I smirked, overhearing the guard's shrieks through my earpiece. I hacked into the government's communication system and could hear everything they said. It'd help on sorting out our offence strategy as well.

"Nice work, you three." Karma praised at Isogai, Maehara, and Mimura.

"We've lost communication with the B squad. The intruder must be the real deal. Watch yourself."

Pew! Zip!

The sound of a stun darts hit the necks of two of three enemy soldiers.

"O-Oi!" The remaining soldier cried, obviously getting panicked. "A sniper-- and they've spotted us all! Location- AGHHHH!" He yelled in pain as he felt himself getting squashed by Hara, who was also holding a rather heavy-looking rock.

"Pfft-" I snickered as I watched through Itona's remote controlled toy aircraft that's equipped with a video camera.

"Hey, uh... that didn't sound so great." Hayami sweatdropped.

"He's fine." Hara assured. "I wrapped him up nice and soft, that's all."

"This squad's taken care of, Karma." Chiba said through his earpiece.

"Okay." The redhead murmured, while I overheard his conversation since I was pretty much next to him, watching his victims in slight pity.

"How are things by you?"

"Hmm? Right now..."

"AGHHHH! HOT! IT BURNS!" The soldier plead and cried in front of the red haired demon- I mean, Karma.

"Sorry 'bout that! But you're all such pros. How else am I going to get you to scream? Aika, heads or tails?" He glanced at me with an innocent smile.

"Err..." I tilted my head side to side, pondering as to what I should answer. "Nose."

"And this is why I love you." He flashed me a flirty smile before shoving some mustard up the poor guy's nose. "Your screams'll be the bait to lure even more reinforcements." His voice was filled with mischief. "I'd like to take care of two or three more while I'm here. That's doable, right, Ritsu?"

Karma... ( ̄◇ ̄;)

"Hai! About three more are approaching over the ridge. And there's a fixed machine gun on the high ground, with all the fir trees."

"Roger. So if we go from the crimson-glory-vine thicket through the stand of stone oaks?"

"Hai, that should get you there."

"Jyaa, Terasaka, go that way, take down their guys, and advance to the lone pine."

"Got it!"

Through Itona's toy aircraft, I saw the white haired boy used his slingshot to shoot a small ball that soon released a smoke once it hit the soldiers. Through the smoke, I could see a glimpse from here and there that Terasaka and the gang tackled the men, pulled out a taser, and tasered him.

"Squads C and D have gone missing!"

"I need a status report, pronto!" I heard them say in my earpiece. I giggled slightly.

"Okajima, I'm there. Another fifty meters." Karma commanded, watching from slight afar.

"What the-?! How many of 'em are there?! WAAA!!" I winced at their sudden yell, it made my ear rang.