Chapter Twenty Two

(3680 words)

The students couldn't see my eyes from this far, but I'm sure Korosensei and Karasuma-sensei could see. Heterochromatic eyes, even worse than last time.

"I know you have some spare vials in your pockets, Takaoka-sensei." I said, tossing the knife up and down while spinning it. Takaoka gulped loudly. "So let's play a bit. I've been so bored." I walked towards him, pouting my lips.

"What... what are you..."

"C'mon, Takaoka-sensei, let's have some fun." I lifted my knife. "Fools take a knife and stab people in the back. The wise take a knife, cut the cord, and free themselves from the fools!" I laughed maniacally.

"You're a psychopath!"

"Hmm, I prefer creative."

Takaoka-sensei began to sweat a lot.

Step one. Done.

"You... you brat!" He tried to get into stance. I stopped playing around with my knife, and gripped it tightly. I got close, closer, yet closer until I was within his range. His eyes darted at me, slowly focusing at my knife.

Step two. Done.

I gently let go of the knife. I waited for a few milliseconds, then went in for the kill. I pretended I was going in for a choker. He ducked backwardly, like how you'd do in limbo.

Time to finish it off.

I pulled out my second blade. Terasaka's stun gun, which I secretly stole when he didn't notice. I stunned him on the shoulder blade. He fell down to his knees. I lifted his chin with my stun gun, right on his neck.

This man... has let me show a bit of my true colors, a small vent hole to let my feelings go. How else can you thank someone than with a smile?

"No... just please... don't end this with a smile like his! Your face will haunt me to the day I die!"

But I smiled anyways. "Takaoka-sensei... thank you."

ZZT!

I put him back to sleep, and walked towards Nagisa, putting on my glasses again. I gave him a smile now. "It's okay." I held out a hand to him.

"Y-Your eyes... changed..."

"I'm fine. Please keep it a secret."

Nagisa hesitantly took my hand, and I pulled him up.

"Did I do well?" I asked him.

"...Mm. You did." He smiled.

"Did you learn something?"

"I did."

"Ha... that's good then." I looked up to the moon. I'm one step closer now.

"Not bad." I heard a familiar voice complimented me.

"Hmm?" I turned around to see an impressed Karma. "Ah, Karma-kun. I didn't go to the hospital this time."

He eyed me up and down. "Yeah, but what kinda surprises me is that you don't have a single wound."

"..." I decided not to answer his question.

"You okay, Aika-chan?" Isogai asked.

"Yeah."

"Well done, Kasumi-san." Korosensei grinned his usual smile. "I was a bit worried you will kill him, but you seem to be good.

"But... what about the remedy?" Nagisa asked. "The remedy we took from Takaoka-sensei won't be enough."