Chapter Thirty One

Akabane Karma, one of the reasons why I have high standards for guys

(5802 words)

Kasumi Aika's POV

"AIKA-CHAN!! YOU'LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" Alice yelled. I shot straight up, and looked at my alarm clock. I breathed a sigh of relief, then glared at Alice who scared the daylights out of me.

"But I still have one hour!"

"My cars are under repair. They suddenly needed maintenance, so you've gotta walk to school today."

"WHAT?! ONE HOUR WON'T EVEN BE ENOUGH TIME!" I zoomed to the bathroom to take a 5 minute shower, changed into my uniform, ate my breakfast, and headed out. "Bye, Alice!"

"Bye!"

As I ran outside, I met a certain redhead who was a few feet away from me, walking to school. He looked at me, and smiled. "Ohayou, Aika-chan. You usually go there by car. What happened?"

"Cars... need maintenance... have to walk..." I panted, hunching over my knees. Rushing over things seriously knocked the air out of my lungs a lot faster than I thought.

"That means you're stuck with me for a while!" Karma slung his arm over my neck and dragged me a quarter way to the school until I managed to escape his headlock.

~~~~~

"The people from the main building are putting their fighting spirit into it." I awed as I watched them prepared for the 11th Kunugigaoka Festival.

"Well, our school is known well for their fierce wars." Karma continued, "The profits are donated, but the profits are ranked and posted everywhere around school. The students from the class that gains the most profit can put that in their resume to give them more appeal, as people who can achieve results in the trading when they go job hunting. That's why everyone's serious about this. There's also a lot of stalls here that wouldn't lose when compared to professional stores."

Interesting...

"I wonder if E Class going to do something again this time. They have this strange kind of explosion this year, they're definitely gonna try sell more than A Class." I overheard one of the main campus students said.

"Nah, it'll be impossible for them this time. They have to open their shop on that mountain, no customer would want to climb all the way up there. Also, A Class has Asano-kun." Another said.

"That's right, they also lost badly during the midterm tests. I guess that's what E Class is made of after all."

I scowled as I overheard their conversation. I really wanted to beat them up.

"Hey, I get that you want to beat them, but we're in enemy territory."

"I know that, Karma-kun. Besides, if I slap them, that would be animal abuse."

Karma laughed at my sarcasm.

~~~~~

"The main campus sure is getting hyped about this year's festival." Kataoka sighed after I told her what happened in the main campus.

"Probably figure we're up to something, even if we can't win."

"I hear that Asano actually contracted with a restaurant." What kind of junior-high student could get a sponsor so easily?!

"I wouldn't put it past him."

"We'll just have to go for the win. This match will likely hinge on a complication of everything but assassination and studying." Korosensei said.