Chapter Nine - Midterms

(Word count: 2174 Words)

"Now class... shall we begin?" Korosensei began making doubles of himself.

"Begin... what?"

"The time has come for midterms!"

"Yes, yes." His doubles agreed.

"That's why I've set aside this period... for my special supersonic exam-cram class!"

Whoa! Was the first thing I thought when I looked at how Korosensei's doubles began teaching every student in the classroom.

"My afterimages can work with you one-by-one to provide individually targeted revision for your worst subjects." Hmm... Japanese, then? I mean, I've spent years in America so I'm still not too used to the language and the accent.

"This is just dumb. He even switches his headband for each subject. Naruto?! Why do I get a Naruto one?!"

The Korosensei afterimages began to dent in.

"No sneak assassinations, if you please, Karma-Kun!"

I looked to the side to see Karma attempted to stab his knife on Korosensei's face.

"Dodging interferes with my ability to maintain steady images!"

Hehe... I thrust the knife at Korosensei's face, and his face bent outwards.

"Kasumi-san! I said no sneak assassinations!" He 'tsk'ed.

"Gomen, gomen." I said, taking back my knife. But his face is hilarious that way.

"Kasumi-san, you must be struggling in Japanese more than most of the other subjects, since you moved from America just 2 years ago. I'm rather surprised that you still got 100 in Japanese! But let's hone those skills even deeper, and this time, you'll be able to finish it with ease!"

"Okay, Korosensei, if you say so." I shrugged.

~~~~~

"Nagisa-kun, Kaede-san, are you sure you don't need any help with the cleaning?" I asked.

"It's okay! You go ahead! We're almost finished anyways."

"Okay, then. See you tomorrow." I turned around and left the classroom. "Huh? The principal and Korosensei?" I muttered softly as I saw Korosensei massaging the principal.

"Huh? Aika-chan, what are you looking at- oh?" Nagisa decided to join my snooping party.

"I must apologize." The principal said. "I had meant to come to pay my respects sooner. The Ministry of Defense and Karasuma-san have told me all about you. I can't claim to understand everything but... how heartbroken you must be to have sought to become the savior of the world only to fall into the role of the great villain who would destroy it."

Savior? Villain?

"But let's set that aside for now. Struggle as I might, I cannot hope to save the planet from its crisis. Barring unexpected, I will stay out of your assassination altogether. You've certainly paid me enough, after all."

"We appreciate it." Karasuma said.

"Well, aren't you rational? I certainly don't mind that in a man."

Really, Irina? -_-III

"I'm honored. However... as a principal, I must consider what lies in store next year and beyond, should the Earth survive. In other words, if someone does kill you, what will happen to this school? Frankly, we need E Class to remain as it is."