Chapter 34.5

Kasumi Aika's POV

I looked around the class to see them in a rather foul mood. I could see why. Since they know what it really means to kill someone, I don't think they'd want to assassinate Korosensei anymore.

"The most foolish kill is to kill recklessly, out of emotion or greed. That's what animals do." Irina said. "Next is to kill your feelings while you kill your target, giving up so much in exchange for the bounty. Like I did. You really need to think through this, minna-san, so you won't kill off the feelings you hold most dear."

~~~~~

"It ain't like you to be callin' us all together like this, Nagisa." Terasaka said.

"There's something I'd really like to discuss. I don't know if it's even possible, but I want to find a way to save Korosensei's life."

"Save?" I repeated. "You mean, to keep him from exploding?"

"Where do we start?" Okano asked.

"I don't know yet. I don't know, but..."

"I'm in!" Kurahashi sang. "I wanna look for tons more creepy-crawlies with Korosensei!"

"If you hadn't said something, Nagisa-kun, I would have." Kataoka smiled. "I want to repay him."

"Our assassination work has gotten us far enough."

"Let's tackle a whole new challenge!"

"Like launching a new series!"

"We'll regret it if we don't. We should do what we can, at least."

"I hate to spoil the mood..." Rio spoke up. "But I'm against the idea. Our bond is one of assassin and target. Korosensei said as much. And I really treasure the bond we've built over this past year. But that's exactly why... I think we have to kill him."

"I'm on Rio-san's side on this one." I agreed.

"You're against it?" Nagisa looked at the both of us.

"You say you wanna save him, but how, exactly?"

"B-But-"

"It's not like we haven't thought about it. But... what if time runs out before we find a way?"

"You think that octopus'll be happy, havin' such half-assed students, comin' to such a half-assed ending?"

"B-But isn't it at least worth to consider-"

"It's always the talented ones, mistakenly thinking everything'll go their way." Karma spoke up. "Nee, Nagisa-kun, aren't you getting a tad full of yourself?"

"Huh?"

"Here you are, the most gifted assassin in the E Class, and you're suggesting we just quit this assassination? What about the talentless students who've been trying their hardest to kill him? To put it another way, it's like a hot woman telling a bunch of homely ones they should all quit trying so hard to find boyfriends."

"Th-That's not what I... besides, when it comes to assassination, you and Aika-chan are way better than me."

I felt my eye twitch again, my mask was slowly slipping off. "Don't say that."

"You saying that just ticks me off even more." Karma had this pissed off look on his face. "Isn't it more like you're the worst at understanding how the less powerful feel?"

"No! That's not it! I'm being honest with my feelings! Karma-kun, Aika-chan, do you hate Korosensei? We saw that movie with him... and had all kinds of fun!"