Chapter Thirty Two

(2573 words)

Kasumi Aika's POV

"So we won third, hmm..." I smirked as I looked at the leader board. "I wonder how far we'd get if we did it all day." I walked from corridor to corridor throughout the Kunugigaoka campus. If you ask why, it's because I needed to talk to the principal for a moment. Once I found the principal's office door, I saw Asano outside of the door, as if he's waiting for something.

"Asano-kun." I greeted curtly.

"Kasumi-san." He greeted back.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked the blonde.

"Mr. Principal asked me to wait outside until he calls me back in."

"...I need to talk to him."

"You've got to wait, then."

So we both awkwardly waited. The principal is sure taking his time...

"Uh... c-congratulations on first place. I'm sure you did an amazing job." I meekly praised him.

"Hmph. But you E Class got 3rd place, and that's only because you stopped halfway. If you did it until the end..." He clenched his fists in anger.

"S-Sorry..." I muttered. "Asano-san... my father came yesterday."

His eyes widened. "Wait, seriously? I thought that you said-"

"What I said was wrong. It was foolish of me to think so. Seems like we both got similar problems." I smiled.

"...I know what you're playing at, you know." He scowled at me. "I'm not sure why you told me things about your father, but know you're trying to get me to your side. I'm not a toy, you know."

"You think that I don't know that you may know that I'm tricking you? I know that you know that I'm tricking you, I just wanted to know if you know that I know that you know that I'm tricking you, you know?"

Asano took a few seconds to process that. "Are you trying to confuse me?"

"No."

"My god, you're one vexing student." Before I managed to say something, I heard a voice behind the door.

"Asano, you can come in now." I heard the principal said.

"Hmm, we'll talk later then." Asano bowed, then entered the room. The second the door opened, I could feel a flood of hatred and bloodlust bursting out.

You know what...? My chat with the Asano-Kouchou could wait. I'm out of here.

"Kasumi Aika." I heard a voice resonating from the other side of the door. I froze. "You came in perfect timing."

"O... tosama?"

"Come in, my dear. We've got plenty of things to discuss about."

This can't be good.

~~~~~

"This... can't be..." Everyone's eyes widened when I told them the news.

I'm joining A Class...

"But why?! Why now?!" Maehara yelled, frustrated. "We're aiming for the top 50s! We need to kill Korosensei! We need you here, Aika-chan!"

"That's nice of you to say, Maehara-kun. But it's not my choice. It was my... father."

"Your father?" Karma repeated.

"Yes. But don't worry, even though I'm in A Class, I'm still rooting for you all. I'll help you all via. Ritsu after school, alright? I promise."