Chapter Sixteen

(2306 words)

Kasumi Aika's POV

"Tadaima, Alice-" I froze at the sight of the house. The whole floor was flooded with water. "What... what happened here?!" I ran to the kitchen to see Alice, her head was in the kitchen sink. "ALICE!!!" I pulled her head out of the water as I turned off the tap.

Don't tell me...

"Alice, get up!" I yelled, shaking her lifeless body. I hovered my ear over her mouth. Nada. I checked her pulse. Nada. Panic began to rise in my chest. I laid Alice on the ground and began to do CPR. After a few chest compressions (and no mouth-to-mouth, thankfully), Alice coughed out the water out of her lungs. "Thank god you're alive, Alice. I thought you died there."

"Haha, no. I would not die just because of some sink water." She spat out her spit. "It tasted terrible. Like leftover rotten food. That reminds me, we have never washed our sink, now have we?"

"Oh. Right. Better get on that at one point. But tell me, how did this even happen to you?!"

Alice hummed. "The only thing I can remember was pitch black. The next thing I remember, you're in front of my eyes."

I tapped my chin. "Turn around, Alice." I said. She did so. I saw a small bruise at the back of her head. I knew it. "Where were you, the last time you remember?"

"I think it was... in a pub. I remembered drinking some whiskey. And everything else was blurry."

"I told you Alice, you shouldn't go to a pub!"

"It was another hectic day. I was yelled by the boss, again. So, I was thinking to go to a park, but Frank was in the pub, he said he's pay. And after that, I dunno what happened."

"Well, from what I think, after you left the pub, you got hit in the head, and your head was shoved in the sink so you'll drown without knowing. Leaves near to no evidence behind."

Alice grit her teeth in annoyance. "Must be him again."

"Most likely. He really wants to get rid of you, huh."

"Welp, forced marriage never works out." She shrugged. "Especially if it's between assassins."

"...True. Well, at least everything's sorted out now. Good night, Alice." I stood up and went to bed, but did some blueprint planning and some weapon upgrading before going to sleep.

~~~~~

"Whew! Helter swelter! That's what they say in Osaka when a heat wave hits." Korosensei lectured us as we walked through the woods, holding a fan.

"What are we doing here?" I asked Karma.

"Dunno. Why ask me? The only thing I know is that we're going into the pool." He shrugged.

"Pool...?" Last night's memories came in my mind.

"Yeah. We are. Didn't we tell you?" I shook my head. "Oh. Well then, at least now you know. Ah, Nagisa-kun, I heard you really knocked 'em dead the other day." Karma said to Nagisa. "I sure wish I could've seen that assassination of yours."

I kinda tensed when he said that to Nagisa. He seemed to pick up my nervousness, and just gave Karma a simple smile.

"Nyehehehe. Alright, we're here! Behold!" Korosensei said as Nagisa and Mimura pushed aside some bushes.

"Whoa!" The class awed in unison.