Chapter Thirty Four

"A DRAMA FESTIVAL?!" The entire class and I yelled.

"Now, when we're about to take high-school entrance exams?!"

"I complained to Asano about it at the student council meeting, but he shot back, 'it's training to memorize lines and stage directions in a short period of time. All part of Kunugigaoka Junior High educational policies. Besides, it's you guys. You'll figure it out.'"

...Is that a compliment or an insult?

"Nagisa-kun, Nagisa-kun!" Karma called, showing a poster of a girly looking Nagisa holding an elephant figure on his hand. "You play the lead!"

Hey, why's Okuda-san all blushing and shiz? Is it the innuendo or

...Hey, why's Okuda-san all blushing and shiz? Is it the innuendo or... wait, why am I even thinking about it? Tch, I don't even care (≖ლ≖๑ )

"How about you, Kayano-san?" I asked. "The kids were really into your play at the preschool."

"Huh? But I-"

"Like that'll work with a junior-high audience!" Terasaka sneered. "They ain't gonna see themselves in some pint-sized player!" His laughter was cut off short when Kayano threw her bag square on his face.

"Hmph!" Kayano brushed the nonexistent dust off her hands, "I'd like to work on props."

(;☉_☉)

"Okay, for our main staff, we have Mimura the director, and I think Hazama and Aika would be good writers."

"Wait, me?" I pointed at myself.

"I mean, yeah. Author-Chan basically created you so you gotta have some ideas."

( ̄□ ̄;)!! Fine...

"As for our leads..."

"I want to play the lead." Korosensei wished out loud.

"YEAH RIGHT! YOU, A STATE SECRET?!"

"We can't be putting a huge grown-up on stage, anyway!" The students shot him several rounds of bullets.

"B-But I've always wanted to be the lead in a play! And I want to stand on the same stage with you all!"

I thought about that, before whispering a suggestion to Hazama.

"Hmm, that's a good idea. It'll leave a long-lasting impression, as well." She agreed. "Sure, we got a plan for you. A play that'll satisfy the wishes of both assassins and target!"

Korosensei's face lighted up with happiness. "YAAA!!!"

"Okay, here's our chance!" Isogai cheered. "Let's whip those main-campus mooks into a storm of excitement!"

~~~~~

"Alright guys, it's our turn (  ✧∇✧)୨" I squealed silently from behind the stage.