Chapter Forty

Kasumi Aika's POV

The sounds of sonic booms from each attack filled in the barriered land, the students of this prestigious school were screaming and ever so close to get blown away from the wind.

A sonic boom with every attack... that's the kind of nonstandard battle that was underway. Though we can't make out their movements, we know this much: Korosensei is overwhelmingly losing ground. 

Boom!

Rubble blasted up the air from where a yellow streak slammed onto the ground. Korosensei...

"Feeling hopeless yet, guinea pig?" Yanagisawa asked. "Two people, times tentacles... times genius... times the power of hate. He's far surpassed the likes of you!"

Our teacher was thrown to the ground yet again. How long could he last...? 

I looked at my classmates. They were brimming with sadness, hopelessness. I looked back to the battle at hand, and then at my hands. They're not even in the same dimension. The battle is too mismatched... but this couldn't be all there is, could it? He is our teacher, he must have a way to-!

I stared back at the battle.

"Is he... trying to dodge?" Takebayashi said, adjusting his glasses.

"Hmph. Then how about this?" The mad scientist turned on the purple light again, planning to freeze the yellow octopus' moves. But Korosensei was smarter. He threw up the soil, blocking the light.

"Evading attacks with the minimum amount of strength, using soil to block out the light... He's closing in and 'killing their power'." Ritsu pointed out.

"Seeing him improvise a way to close their battle-power gap... that's our Korosensei, through and through." I murmured in awe. 

"Chalk this up to sheer experience!" Our teacher exclaimed, and managed to put some distance between him and 2.0. "This is where I, his teacher, take responsibility for my pupil who's strayed from the path. However... Yanagisawa. Leave us. This is a place for students to learn and grow. You are not entitled to be here!"

"Heh... still fancy yourself as a teacher, eh, guinea pig?" The half-man half-tentacle male scoffed, an eerie smile plastered on his shadowed face. "Then let's put you to the test. Don't you see why we chose this moment to make our move?" Yanagisawa snapped his fingers.

In a blink of an eye, 2.0 loomed over us, waves of red energy filled in his body, clustering into his hand. My eyes widened. Shoot, is he going to shoot a laser? 

"You'll protect them, right? Isn't that what a teacher does?" 

The red light turned into a blinding white light. Ah... not a laser, but a possibly a mach speed jab. I looked around.

...We don't have enough time to run, do we? Shet.

A loud boom, following with a crash, resounded in our ears. Smoke filled the air. As the smoke cleared, I realised that I didn't die. Not yet, anyways.

"Korosensei!" I heard Nagisa exclaimed. I looked at the octopus teacher. He was hunched over in pain. 

"You're the very model of an educator, guinea pig! You can escape these harsh blows on your own, yet you take them head-on to protect your students! All right, 2.0. Next!"

What?!

A harsh pain hit my chest as I watched what happened. 2.0 continued trying to shoot us with his laser, yet Korosensei continued to take them for us.

"Next! Next! Next! Next~!"

Such darkly seething emotions... he surely won't be satisfied until his target is torn to pieces, body and soul..