Chapter Twenty Three

"Kasumi-san, c'mon!" Korosensei whined.

"I can't, Korosensei. I have work to do." I grumbled, an irk mark on my head.

"You can do it tomorrow! Your work could wait! I'll give you a free, biggest tub of Ben & Jerry's cookies and cream ice cream, I promise!"

"..." Dammit, he knows how to bribe. "Fine. But only because of the ice cream."

"Yatta! You better be at the festival, 7 pm!"

"And you better have that ice cream for me."

"Hai!" He then disappeared.

"Now what to wear...?"

~~~~~

(Aika-chan's yukata ^^)

"Ugh..." I shifted uncomfortably as I wore the yukata. "It's so movement limited, and the only thing that's nice is the zori." So I wore a pair of white shorts and a gray tank top under my yukata, so if I do have to run, I can just take the yukata off and run for it.

I walked outside, and startled to see Karma walking past my house. I silently walked up to him, then glomped him from behind.

"Whoa!" Karma nearly lost his balance, due to my amazing sneaking skills.

"Konbanwa, Karma-kun! You're going to the festival?" I asked.

"Y... yeah..." He looked at my yukata. "Say, cute yukata you're wearing."

"Sh-Shut up! Do you know how much hairspray it took to keep it from falling apart, and how tight and movement limited this thing is?! It's terrible!" I ranted.

"Chill, Aika-chan. Let's go." He held out a hand like a... a gentlemen?

"No way... Karma-kun! Are you in there?! Can you hear me?!" I held both sides of Karma's face. "Are you brainwashed by aliens? Is there a tumor in your brain? Is this the end of the world?! Bring the real Karma-kun back!" I shook his head. He held both my wrists, and put them down.

"Really." He deadpanned.

"I'm kidding." I tightly hugged his right arm. "Let's go!"

I noticed his cheeks had a dust of pink on it. (A/N: Guess why ;)) I poked his cheek.

"Ne, ne, are you blushing? It definitely is the end of the world."

"I'm not!" He denied.

~~~~~

"Look, there's Nagisa-kun! Nagisa-kun!!" I let go of Karma's arm, and ran towards him, despite of my limited movement.

"Aika-chan!" He said, a bit surprised. "You look very nice in that yukata."

"Arigatou, Nagisa-kun! Ne, show me around the place! I've never been to a festival before!" I said, looking around the place.

"Sure-"