Chapter Nineteen

Ring, ring! I picked up my cellphone to see the caller ID: Kurahashi.

"Moshi-moshi?"

"Aika-chan, Aika-chan! Can you come with me to the forest?" Kurahashi asked.

"Umm... why?"

"I want to find some beetles! Please come with me~"

"Oookay, then. I'll go. When should we meet?" She won't try to kill me, right? Lolz no.

"At the school mountain in 20 minutes!"

"Okay, bye." I hung up the phone, then put on some attire.

"Alice, I'm going to the mountains! See ya!" I said as I walked out.

~~~~~

"Hmm..." I hummed as I looked through the trees. No beetles, Kurahashi-san."

"No worries! Let's keep looking!"

"Well, I did find something."

"What?"

"Boys. Maehara-kun, Nagisa-kun, and Sugino-kun."

"Eh...? Let's say hi to them, them!" Kurahashi said, walking along the branches towards them. What an innocent girl... If only I was like her. The innocent girl that I was is dead, I killed her because she could never survive in my world-

No! Shut up! You're fine... you're okay. Just like what mom said, just believe in a lie to make it true.

"Aika-chan! Aika-chaaaan!" Kurahashi called out. "Let's go bug hunting with the others!"

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh? S-Sure!" I followed her and the boys.

"Do you like bug-hunting, Aika-chan?" Sugino asked.

"Oh? I've never actually done this before. I've learned about them, but never actually caught them, so this'll be my first time seeing one in real life!" I said, grinning.

"Mmm. A pretty nice haul." Kurahashi looked her bug trap.

"Did you make this, Kurahashi-san?" I asked.

"Mmm! It's a homemade trap of mine. I put it out last night. There are about 20 more of them out there, so that's about a thousand yen for each of us if we're lucky!"

"Not too shabby for a side job!"

"I hope we caught the one I was looking for!"

"What an insufficient trap." I heard a boy tutted. "And you call yourselves the E Class?"

Okajima-kun?

"Pulling in a measly thousand yen at a time? Yeah, right. My trap'll bring in a cool ten billion!"

"Ten billion..." Nagisa muttered. "You don't mean....?"

"Oh, but I do. If we're planning an assassination on this tropical isle, that octopus is bound to let his guard down in the meantime. And that's what I'm after!"

 And that's what I'm after!"