Chapter Thirty Eight

(4670 words)

"You all got into one of your top two schools! Congratulations! Splendid job wielding those second blades of yours! You'll all move on to high school like the twinkling stars you are!" Korosensei praised as we congratulated each other. I even managed to get approval from Alice to join Kunugigaoka for high school! "It's a weight off my shoulders, too! We were supposed to do our final career counseling... but first there's something I'd really like to do. And what does one do, on such a joyous occasion?"

PARTY-!

"Editing." He replied in a flat tone, typing behind a laptop.

"WHAT FOR?!" The entire class yelled.

"I'm making a yearbook, of course. Just for the E Class!"

"Making a yearbook?" Nagisa repeated.

"Hai!"

"Oh, right. We did a whole-school one. With Karasuma-sensei as our teacher. And poor Korosensei isn't in a single shot."

"Actually..." I looked at the yearbook, sweatdropping. "He popped into a few at Mach speed, just under the radar."

"It's like one of those ghost photos..."

"Exactly! That's why I want to use these photos instead!" Korosensei showed of stacks of photos that were piled on his desk. "A year of unguarded moments! These treasured selfies with all of you, thirty thousand in all! Now to find the most memorable ones together!

When did you take all these?! The entire class thought, sweatdropping.

"I don't really like looking at pictures of myself." Rio said.

"Why not?" Fuwa asked.

"My eyes are so tiny."

"Don't worry! I've made versions with the 'big-eye' filter too!" Korosensei showed Rio a photo of the big-eyed version of them, with the caption 'BTF: Best Teacher Forever' above the photo.

"How terribly kind of you..."

"The official yearbook does have plenty of the usual shots..." Sugino hummed, tapping his chin.

"If we're making another one, we can be more unconventional!" Hara finished.

Korosensei's eyes gleamed in determination. "Leave it to me! Cool beauty Hayami-san at the pet shop..." Korosensei showed us a photo of Hayami nuzzling a kitty, "Oh! And here's a nighttime campus shot of Mimura-kun on air guitar!" He showed a picture when Mimura was perfectly midair, doing a sick air guitar pose.

Poor Hayami-san and Mimura-kun...^^; I thought.

"I'm just getting started! Princess Kataoka, trying on her royal vestments!" Korosensei showed off Kataoka in a pink maid-like dress, "Dainty Muramatsu, when a cockroach scurried out!" he showed off a picture of Muramatsu that was hugging himself with a terrified-disgusted face as he stayed away from a flying cockroach. "Naked Okajima, running around the school grounds at night in the buff!"

"Whoa, hang on!" Okajima stood up in panic. "So there could be some super sketchy pics of me in there?!"

Sketchier than that? I thought. Wait... HOW ABOUT MY PHOTOS?!

"Find your own photos, all of them! Then get rid of them!" Isogai yelled when almost the entire class ran up to Korosensei's desk, searching for their photos.

"Oh my? Who knew editing would get you so fired up?"

There was a picture of Okuda during the aftermath of a failed chemistry experiment, Isogai digging up something, possibly yam, Kanzaki crushing her opponent in an arcade game, Fuwa doing her own interpretation of One Piece, Terasaka inviting Yoshida to his favorite maid cafe, Nagisa that was pretty much tortured by Rio, Karma and I by attempting to change his uniform to a maid's, and... wait... IS THAT ME WHEN I WAS KISSED UNDER THE MISTLETOE?!