Chapter Thirty

Kasumi Aika's POV

"No Halloween?" I moped as we reached the first of November.

"Gomen, Aika-chan, but we don't really celebrate Halloween." Karma said.

"Naw... but Halloween's the second best celebration of the year! First place still goes to Christmas~" I sighed as I looked at my paper. A future planning survey. My desire school, desired jobs... does an assassin do this stuff? "Karma-kun, what do you want to be when you grow up?" I asked the redhead.

"A bureaucrat. They're like the puppeteers, working behind the stage." He said.

"You? A bureaucrat? Kinda unexpected, coming from you."

"The real question is, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"That... I'm still not sure with. The only reason why I'm still alive is because of my talent with assassination and..." Revenge. "My intelligence due to extreme homeschooling since childhood."

Karma furrowed his eyebrows. "You're homeschooled, even though you're an assassin?"

"I'd prefer not to talk about my personal life, mind you."

"Okay, okay." Karma raised his arms up in truce. "I'll drop the subject."

"Is that octopus seriously doing career counselling?" Irina tsked, playing with the fringes of her hair.

"Bitch-sensei! In regular clothes!" Yada applauded.

"Yes, regular, old, cheap clothes. Just trying to match your regular old world." Irina noticed the looks the boys gave her. "What? You want me to show more skin after all?"

And of course, Okajima just had to get a nosebleed. (*~д~)=3 Like, seriously?

"No, hiding it actually made you more sexy." Okajima managed to say.

"In a way, you've grown!"

"Hurry, hurry!" I ushered Nakamura as she finished the last words. Nagisa looked at his paper again and his hands shook.

Desired school: Girls' High School

Desired Career (1st choice): Nurse

Desired Career (2nd choice): Maid

"Oi, Nakamura-san! You wrote this! Why would you warp a person's career path like that?!"

"Men's work doesn't suit you." She replied simply. I nodded my head in agreement teasingly.

"Oi, Aika-chan!" Karma called out, "Let's hit Thailand or Morocco after graduation! I understand Thailand is where it's at." He held two posters, one on each hand. My face immediately flared red.

"Y-You and m-me?! A-Alone?!"

Karma took a while to process what I said, then obviously faking a cough, his face dusting pink. "I meant to say this to Nagisa-kun." He looked away. Nakamura smirked.