Chapter Twelve - Say Autonomously Thinking Fixed Artillery Three Times Fast

(3795 words)

"Good morning. I will be joining your class today. My designation is Autonomously Thinking Fixed Artillery." The robot said in a monotonous voice. "Pleasure to meet you."

Welp, when Karasuma-sensei told us there will be a new student joining us, I didn't know it'd be like this...

"As I'm sure you know, this is your new classmate," Karasuma said, his hands shaking. "Autonomously Thinking Fixed Artillery-san from Norway."

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." She said.

It must be rough on Karasuma-sensei. I would go crazy if I had to act like everything was normal here. ^^;

Korosensei began to suppress his laughter.

"Don't laugh! You're no better than her! Just so you know, she's registered here as a student. She'll be sitting there, aiming her guns at you, but under no circumstances may you fight back. You're not permitted to harm any of the students. That was the agreement, right?"

"Hmm... I see. So you're exploiting a loophole in my teaching agreement to call a machine my student. Very well. Welcome to E Class, Autonomously Thinking Fixed Artillery-san."

"Yoroshiku onegaishimasu, Korosensei."

So the lessons began.

"How do you think it'll attack, Karma-kun?" I whispered.

"What?"

"They called it fixed artillery, but then where are the guns?"

"Hmm... maybe-"

The artillery began to activate. Numerous numbers and codes flashed on her display, and guns appeared out of her sides.

 Numerous numbers and codes flashed on her display, and guns appeared out of her sides

Oh.

The artillery began to shoot.

"Four shotguns, and two machine guns. That's a veritable cascade of bullets. But it's just what I've come to expect from my students. And discharging firearms during class is prohibited for safety reasons." Korosensei said, avoiding a bullet using his chalk.

What an amazing piece of machinery! I awed. The machine sent a cascade of bullets at Korosensei in high speed. Even though he managed to avoid them all, it was a nice sight to see.

"I will be careful. Preparing to attack. Recalculating trajectory. Correcting angle. Entering auto-evolution phase 5/28/02."

"Tsk, tsk. When will you ever learn?"

The artillery began shooting. Isn't that identical to the first?

"Just what I'd expected of a machine," Korosensei clicked his tongue. "Given that, I only need to utilize my chalk the same way as before, and..."

Korosensei's tentacle... exploded.

Hmm... the second pellet flew along the same trajectory as the one Korosensei blocked, hiding it from his sight! This is a huge evolution to technology! I've seen something similar, but not this. The power to automatically evolve. This is perfect, for both the assassination and my plan.