Chapter Twenty Four

(3325 words)

Bzzt, bzzt. My phone buzzed.

"Hmm?" I pulled out my phone. "Moshi-moshi?"

"Aika-chan~! It's me~!" A familiar voice sang.

"Ah, Kayano-san. What is it?" I asked.

"You see, I'm going to make a huge pudding. Can you help me?" She asked. I sighed.

"Alright. But you should make some calculations first, maybe use a scale model to test its strength."

"Oh, okay! Arigatou, Aika-chan! Can you come tomorrow to help?"

"Sure."

~~~~~~

December 19th

"What brings us together today during school break, no less, is the nation's current egg glut, in which excess eggs, rather being sent to market, are being discarded in bulk."

Oh, right. That news. It's pretty bad, I guess.

"So I came up with a plan to salvage those discarded eggs and assassinate Korosensei."

Ah, she told me about helping her on the phone yesterday, helping out to make some pudding the other day. She never told me what it was for, though.

I didn't realize I zoned out through the whole thing until she yelled, "to the yard everyone!"

So we followed her to the yard. I nearly gaped at the view. "These eggs... this mold... Kayano-san, are we...?!"

"Yep! We're going to make one ginormous pudding! I call it... Operation Pudding Popper!"

"Oh, so that's why you needed my help obtaining some information about pudding, as a fellow sweet tooth!" I exclaimed. "Are you sure he'd eat something that big?"

"Of course! I've already obtained a crucial confession!" She told the story when she and Korosensei was eating pudding together, and Korosensei confessed that he'd love to eat a pudding that's bigger than him. "So let's make this dream come true! Frankly, I'd like to eat some too!" Kayano had this determined glint in her eyes, which kinda reminded me of Frisk. "We'll embed bombs and anti-sensei BB pellets in the giant pudding base. When gets to the bottom of the thing... boom!" She tried to impersonate an explosion.

"It might be worth a try." Isogai thought aloud.

"He does tend to go crazy over sweets and sexy stuff." Okajima agreed.

"Okay, let's use this time when Korosensei's not around, and go for broke!"

"Yeah!" So we went to work, operation pudding popper on the go.

~~~~~

"Man... that was sooo mentally hard!" I groaned. I just couldn't help myself to try a bit of the pudding, but Karma was always there, slapping my hand if even a single finger would try to touch the pudding. He just loves to see me suffer.

"Ganbatte, Aika-chan! The pudding's almost finished!" Kayano smiled.

"I just hope I won't sneak overnight and eat it." I joked.

"Way to go, Kayano. You thought up and did all this yourself after seeing that article on eggs?" Karma asked, impressed.

"Uh-huh! I mean, I've wanted to try it for a while. With the Ministry covering the cost, I thought this was the perfect opportunity. Once I put my mind into something, I just keep on rolling. That's why Aika-chan helped me on making the perfect pudding."