Delivering News

"Wake up whelp."

"Who is it?" grumbled Will, rolling away from the hands that had shaken him from sleep.

He knew who it was. There was only one person that called him "whelp."

"Captain Jack..."

"Sparrow," Will finished, opening one eye to glare at the pirate standing by his bed.

"Why'd you ask then?" Jack wondered, his gold teeth flashing as he smiled.

"Habit. What the hell are you doing here?"

"Annoying you," said Jack.

"You do that by existing," Will teased as he got out of bed, facing Jack with his hands on his hips.

"What is your purpose here?" he asked, imitating the former Captain of his ship.

"To tell you you're a father!" Jack exclaimed.

Will stared at him in shock.
"I...I'm a what?" he stammered.

"A Dad. To a beautiful boy called Henry William Turner!"

"Elizabeth had..."

"A baby, yes," Jack finished.
"And I think it's yours... although, I've never seen any manly bits. Lom se se eunichy, snip, snip!"

"Sod off Sparrow. Is Elizabeth OK?" Will asked.

"Fine. Mother and baby both fine." said Jack.

"Were you there when..."

"I was outside. My Dad delivered him."

Will sighed.

"It'll be roughly eight years until I can see them," he said softly.

Jack laid a hand on Will's shoulder before searching through his coat pockets, finally pulling out two locks of hair, a long dark blonde one and a shorter one the same colour as Will's, both tied with ribbon.

"Henry's," said Jack, giving him the shorter one tied with a blue ribbon.

"And Lizzie's."
The longer one.

The ribbons were long enough to go over Will's head so he hung them around his neck.

Now, with a reminder of those he loved close to where his heart should be, Will sighed before turning to Jack again.

"Why you?" he asked.

Jack smirked.
"Because the Pearls the only ship fast enough. Savvy?"

"Yeah. Now please sod off so I can go back to sleep."