Forgiving

"Are ye insane?"

Roxanne lifted her chin.
"No."
Her voice was steady as she met her husband's dark gaze.

"Of all the ports in the bloody Caribbean, ye had to pick a fuckin' British one. Some captain ye are!"

The last four words stung Roxanne.
She turned away, her hair falling forward to hide her face.

She bit her lip, trying to keep tears at bay.

Teague sighed and she heard his chair legs hit the floor as he removed his feet from the desk to stand up.

"Sorry love," he murmured, crossing silently to sit next to her on the bed.

He wrapped an arm around her waist and she turned to him, burying her head in his shoulder.
His scent of wine and gunpowder filled her nostrils as he rubbed her back.

"I'm sorry, Roxy. I didn't mean that darling."

Roxanne was silent for a moment.
"I know," she replied quietly. "It's okay."

Teague sighed, lying back on the bed and pulling her back with him so her head was on his chest.

He ran his fingers through her hair and she sighed.

He dropped a kiss on her head.
"Am I forgiven?"

"Maybe."

Teague's fingers found her sides, tickling her.

"Fuck off! Mercy! Parley, damn you!" she gasped, curling into a ball in an attempt to escape his hands.

"Not till ye forgive me."

"Fine! Forgiven, just fuck off. Please!"

Teague withdrew his hands, sitting up.

He got off the bed, lifting a bottle off the desk and uncorking it with his teeth.

Roxanne uncurled, brushing her hair out of her face.

"You gonna share that?"

"Ye don't like wine," Teague reminded her, "So no, I'm not."

Roxanne pouted at him, her eyes sparkling.

He corked the wine, dropping the bottle into his pocket before pulling on his boots.

"I'll ajust heading and return to you."
His dark eyes lingered on her body, a smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

Teague kissed her quickly on the lips before leaving the cabin.

Roxanne slipped off her black frock coat, hanging it on a nail by the door before sitting back on the bed.

She twisted the gold ring around her wedding finger, it's black stone flashing in the light.

Her hands dropped to her waist and she removed her weapons, laying them on a chair on her side of the bed before untying her sash and bandana.

Then she sighed and lay on her back, staring at the ceiling.

Her hands settled on her stomach as she waited for Teague.

After several moments, he returned to the cabin.

Sitting down, he leaned over and kissed her neck.

Then he swirled wine around the bottle, raising it to his lips.

"Next time, remember to check if the port is owned by Britain before setting course to it," he advised, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

Roxanne stuck her tongue out at him.
"Something tells me you'll bring this up in about ten years to annoy the hell out of me."

"Mm of course I will."
Teague leaned back against the headboard of the bed, cracking his knuckles.

He took a long swig of wine before corking the bottle and setting it aside.

Roxanne ran her fingers through her hair.
Teague kissed her temple.

"There's no harm done darling. Are we okay?"

She pretended to think for a moment, her head tilted to one side.

"Yes," she said with a smile.
"We're okay."

Teague let his eyes travel over her.
He kissed her slowly, fingers splayed on her back to pull her close to him.

His tongue pressed against her lips, coaxing them apart.
He pulled her over so her body was on top of his, hands sliding upwards to run through her hair as the kiss got deeper.

Roxanne eventually sat up, catching her breath, eyes sparkling.

Then she lay back down, playing with his goatee.

His lips ventured down her neck, fingers tucked into the waistband of her breeches to pull her close.

Roxanne pressed her lips to his cheekbone.

Teague slowly started to untuck her shirt and she lightly slapped his hands away.

"Not happening love. I don't want to."

He moved back instantly, nodding.
"Sorry darlin'."

She kissed him gently.
"It's alright, Eddie. I love you."

He half-smiled as he stretched himself out, hands on his thighs, legs crossed at the ankles.

He lifted his wine bottle and uncorked it again, swirling the contents and taking a sip.

Setting it aside, Teague cracked his knuckles again.

"Will you stop that?"

A smile touched Teague's lips.
"No."
He did it a third time and Roxanne elbowed him in the ribs.

"You're a bastard," she said lightly.
"Where are we headed now?"

"A port not owned by Britain," he replied, tugging lightly on one of his dreadlocks.

Roxanne stuck her tongue out at him.

"You're so immature," said Teague with a smile.

She ran her fingers through her hair, untangling the brown waves that fell to the middle of her back.

Teague ran a hand up her spine, rubbing along her shoulders.

"Love ye," he murmured in her ear, kissing her lightly on the neck.

"Love you more," she responded quietly.

"Impossible."
His dark eyes held a teasing glint as he kissed her jaw.

Roxanne smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder and closing her eyes.

"Are ye tired?"

"A little," said Roxanne quietly, her eyes half-open as she spoke.

Ring-adorned fingers started to run through her hair, their touch heavy and relaxing.

The scent of wine and gunpowder surrounded her, drifting from her husband's scarlet frock coat.

She closed her eyes, letting his touch and scent relax her body.

"Ye need sleep, my love. Do I have permission to take the helm, Captain Sparrow?"

"Permission granted," Roxanne murmured, her head hitting the pillow as he slipped off the bed.

Teague's chapped lips touched hers and she felt him pull covers over her, then heard him leave the cabin before she fell asleep.