Just Some Family Fluff

"Mum?"
Five year old Jack Sparrow looked up at his mother from his place by the fire with Regan, his father's Irish terrier.

"Yeah Jackie?" Roxanne responded without lifting her gaze from the papers in front of her.

"Do Sahara and Soracha kiss like you and Dad do?" Jack asked curiously, dark eyes fixed on her.

She raised her head.
"What?"

Jack repeated the question.

Roxanne shook her head slowly.
"No Jackie, I don't think they kiss. I think they're just friends."

She wasn't completely sure, but she'd never seen the two women kiss in the nearly seven years she'd known them.
She'd seen plenty of hugs, but they hugged her too.
She knew they shared a cabin at sea and a cottage on land, five minutes from hers, but the possibility they could be a couple had never crossed her mind.

Sahara was afraid of men, having been raped and abused when she was younger.
Soracha had been in an abusive relationship that had left her no longer interested in men as romantic partners, viewing them as friends only.

Roxanne dropped her gaze back to her paperwork, deciding to ask her husband about the two later.

Jack, satisfied with her answer, went back to his previous activity of throwing a piece of firewood for Regan to retrieve.

Late that night, when Jack was in bed, Roxanne sat with her husband in the kitchen, Reagan lying at his masters feet as Edward Teague strummed lazily on a guitar.

"Eddie?" Roxanne asked softly.

"Hmm?" was her husband's murmured response, eyes lifting momentarily from the instrument in his hands to meet hers.

"Are Sahara and Soracha...?" Roxanne trailed off, wondering how to phrase her question.

Teague arched an eyebrow.
"Lovers?" He guessed the ending to her question, a slight smile touching his lips.

Roxanne nodded.
"I mean they share a house. And a cabin most of the time. And there's only one bed in that cabin as far as I know."

Her husband chuckled, shaking his head.
"Nay Asthore. They ain't lovers. Just good friends."
Then he raised his eyebrow again.
"Have ye got a problem with two women bein' lovers? Or sharin' a bed as friends for that matter?"

"It's not allowed, well not in England anyway. Though I personally don't have a problem with it," Roxanne replied.

"Tisn't allowed in Ireland either, but as long as the religious arseholes don't catch ye, you're alright. I've got a cousin who likes men. Disowned by Mum of course but he writes to me occasionally. He's very happy with his boyfriend."

Teague strummed lazily on the guitar before ajusting the tuning and starting to play again.

Roxanne smiled as she recognised the tune.

Jack's voice sounded suddenly from the door.
"Mum and Dad are gonna kisss!"

"Are we indeed Jackie?" Teague asked, amusement in his tone.

"Mum always kisses you when you play that song. It's your kissin' song!"
Jack giggled as he came into the kitchen.

"You're supposed to be in bed Jack," Roxanne said, slapping his backside lightly.

Then she did kiss her husband.
Slowly and softly, hands tangling in his dreadlocks.

His guitar was set on the floor, a hand cupping her hip, the other resting gently between her shoulder blades, fingers caressing her hair.

Lips moved softly against each other for a moment before the need for air broke them apart.

"Kissin' song!" Jack said again with a grin.

"Ye never did learn it's name did ye Asthore?" Teague asked with a half-smile.

"You know full well the only Gaelic I can pronounce and understand is "Asthore" and "Astóirín," Roxanne replied.
"It's our wedding song."

"Aye. Ye danced on the Lady's deck in your bare feet under the stars as I played that one."
Her husband smiled softly.

"And then you gave the guitar to someone and we danced to it together. It was our first dance as a married couple."

"It was."
Teague nodded with another soft smile, eyes gentle as he looked at his wife.

Jack climbed into his father's lap, snuggling close to him.
"I hear your heart," he said.

"Good," Teague responded, kissing his head. "Cause I need it to love ye an' your mum with."

Roxanne dropped a kiss on both their heads on her way to add more fuel to the fire to boil the blackened kettle that hung over it.

She hummed softly as she made two mugs of tea.
Stirring sugar into one, which she gave to her husband.

"Thank ye Asthore."
Teague glanced at Jack, who'd fallen asleep on his lap. He softly kissed his head before gently lifting him into his arms.
"I'll put him to bed an' be right back," he murmured as he stood up.

He left the kitchen, their son curled like a cat in his arms.
Returning after a few moments and resuming his seat, taking a drink from his mug of tea.

"It's about time I was in bed too," Roxanne murmured with a yawn.

"Finish yer tea an' sit with me for a few more minutes," Teague said with a soft smile as he lifted his guitar again.

"Alright. If you play our wedding song again."

"I'll play that one till me fingers fall off."
He grinned, starting to play.

Roxanne sat quietly, listening. A soft smile on her lips.

She sipped her tea slowly, glancing at the ring that glinted on her wedding finger.
Remembering the day it had been put there and the dancing and drinking afterwards on the deck of the Misty Lady.

A smirk came to her lips as she recalled the other thing that had been done that night on the deck.

The music stopped, the sudden silence bringing her thoughts back to the present.

"That was beautiful as usual."

"Why thank ye," responded Teague.
"Glad ye still like me playin'."

"I do. But I've finished my tea, so am going to head to bed," Roxanne said, getting up and kissing her husband.

He smiled gently. "Sweet dreams Asthore. Love you."

"Love you too."