Afterwards

"Mum? Dad?" Jack called, knocking lightly on his parents bedroom door.

There was no answer so he pushed the door open.

It creaked and Roxanne sleepily lifted her head off her husband's bare chest.

The bedcovers were tangled around her legs and Jack looked away as he realised his mother was naked.

"What do you want Jackie?" Roxanne asked, pulling a sheet up to cover her upper body, pushing her dishevelled hair behind her ears.

Lovebites stood out on her neck and shoulders, a reminder of the night she'd had with Teague.

"Just checking you were alive. It's after dinnertime," said Jack.

"Shit. I assume you went to Sahara's and she fed you?" Roxanne asked.

Jack nodded, his dark gaze fixed on the wall behind her.

Roxanne reached down and lifted a shirt off the floor, pulling it over her head as she got out of bed.
The hem of it hung to the middle of her thighs, preserving her decency and the sleeves covered her hands.

She turned the sleeves back and slipped on a pair of breeches.

"Leave your Dad to sleep and I'll make us some tea. Then we'll go to Sahara's for a while. Sound good?"

Jack nodded and followed her out of the room.

As they closed the door, he said, "You need to learn to lock your door if you're going to have fun."

"For that, I'd need a lock," Roxanne responded dryly as she entered the cluttered kitchen

"I know what to get you for Christmas then!" Jack laughed, gathering up several pieces of paper off a chair and setting them onto one of the piles that covered most of the table.

He sat down, clearing a space in front of himself and resting his elbows on the table.

Roxanne lit the fire and filled the kettle with water, hanging it over the flames to boil.

She passed Jack a mug of tea, filling another for herself before sitting down in the worn armchair in front of the fire.

"You're in Dad's chair," said Jack, taking a sip of tea.

"He's sleeping so I don't care," responded Roxanne, stretching her legs out, the firelight flickering across the ivy tattooed in winding stems over the tops of her feet and ankles.

She finished her tea and lifted a long black frock coat with heavy white and silver embroidery off a nail by the door.

"Let's go," she told Jack, shrugging it on and stepping into her boots.

Before leaving, she quickly wrote "At Sahara's. Roxy and Jackie Xx" on a scrap of paper and left it on the table.

Then they walked the five minutes it took to bring them to a white cottage almost identical to thier own.
The only difference was the front door-it was yellow instead of green.

Roxanne opened the door and stepped into a bright hallway.

"Sparrows landing!" she called.

"One already did," a voice called back. "Come in."

They went into the kitchen to be greeted by a tall, slim woman with long dark blonde hair.

"Neglecting my godson," she said, shaking her head at Roxanne, green eyes sparkling.
"Should be ashamed of yourself Captain Sparrow!"

"Oh shut up Sahara," Roxanne responded, giving her a friendly slap as she sat down.

Sahara grinned at her, slapped Jack's wrist as he reached for a jar on the counter and set a plate of cold meat in front of Roxanne.

"How did you know I was hungry?" asked Roxanne.

"Your stomachs rumbling," said Sahara, rolling her eyes as she watched Roxanne eat.

Her gaze ran over the lovebites on her neck.
"You had a good night?"

Roxanne nodded, her mouth full.

"Must've been good. They woke me up a few times," said Jack.

"Poor you. Get your bloody hand out of that jar or I'll cut it off," Sahara said threateningly, though the sparkle in her eyes showed she wasn't serious.

Jack stuck his tongue out at her.

"I'll cut that off too!" warned Sahara.

She turned to Roxanne and mouthed
"Did he walk in on you?"

Roxanne shook her head.
"Saw us earlier. Still asleep and naked. It doesn't bother him. He's seen us doing it before" she mouthed back.

Sahara's eyes widened.
"As in...walked in on you two shagging?" she mouthed.

Roxanne nodded and Sahara stared at her.
"I'm buying you a lock," she said.

"I already said that to them but I suppose they'd go have fun in the kitchen instead," said Jack.

"You two make love in your kitchen? Last time I go in there then," Sahara muttered with a shudder.

Roxanne scoffed as she lifted her empty plate.

"I suppose you won't go onto either of our ships then? We've shagged on both. Jackie was conceived on the Lady's deck."

"Spare me those details!" Sahara exclaimed, covering her ears.

Roxanne laughed at her friend's expression.

"Thanks Sahara. I'll leave and give you time to clear your mind."

"Please do!" the other woman responded.

Roxanne turned to leave, then glanced back.

"A word of advice :- When entering a room me and Teague occupied the previous night, always remember to knock."