Sitting

Roxanne ran her thumb over the callouses on her son's hand before moving down to the mark on his wrist that had changed his life forever, just as hers had, over thirty years ago.

Her gaze shifted to his chest, rising and falling with even breaths, two bullet scars dark against his skin.

He'd almost died from those wounds when he'd received them around six years ago.

The door opened.

The first thing Roxanne saw was a sash and scarlet frock coat, heavily embroidered with white.

"I've got tea," said her husband's voice as he pushed the door open wider with his hip, a steaming mug in both hands.

"Whiskey or rum would've been better," Roxanne said as he handed her one of the mugs.

"Too bad," Teague retorted, leaning against the windowsill, dark eyes fixed on his motionless son as he sipped his tea.

Roxanne stood up and stretched, her body stiff after sitting for hours.

She stood beside Teague, drinking her tea.

One of his hands came to rest on her lower back, moving in small circles.

"You're so tense," he murmured, setting his mug down, his fingers working out the tension in her muscles.

She sighed as he moved up her spine, rubbing out knots in her shoulders.

"You rubbed my back when I was pregnant."

"And in labour," said Teague, moving her hair aside and kissing the back of her neck.

Roxanne's gaze went back to their son, to his even breathing, then to the bandaging around his head.

Teague rattled a Piece of Eight against his rings-the Piece of Eight that belonged to the Pirate Lord of the Caribbean.

"He'll be okay, Roxanne. He is..."

Their eyes met and they finished in unison, "Captain Jack Sparrow!"

A/N Roxanne Sparrow is an OC. She's Jack's mother and Teague's wife. Savvy? Comment please.