Morning After

Roxanne woke slowly, warm and drowsy, sheets and arms wrapped around her body.
"Hmm..." she murmured, snuggling deeper into the sheets. "It wasn't a dream then."

"I don't think I could dream anythin' that good. Certainly not involving our kitchen floor and table before the bed."
Edward Teague grinned slightly as he kissed the top of his wife's head.

She was curled up against his side, head on his chest, fitting perfectly alongside him.

He flicked the sheets back just a little, exposing her shoulder so he could kiss it, fingers brushing her hair away from her face and neck.

"Mm. My inner governor's daughter is horrified at the thought."

Teague chuckled, deep and affectionate. "What about my Pirate King? Is she horrified too?"

"Absolutely, definitely not." Roxanne looked at him, a wicked smirk gracing her lips. "Your Pirate King thoroughly enjoyed last night and intends to repeat it every time we are reunited."

"Your wish is my command, your majesty."

"Good," she murmured, her long fingers idly tracing an ugly scar on his shoulder. The light from the window danced on her wedding ring.

His eyes were soft, tinted golden by the sunlight outside as he watched her.

They flickered to her lips just a second before he kissed her, lingering and loving and slow.

She gently pressed her hands against his bare chest, breaking the kiss for air.

"Breathing is boring," Teague declared. "Kissing you is so much better."

"Do it again then," Roxanne whispered.

He did, catching her bottom lip with his teeth and pulling gently, as his hand ran slowly over her bare back and buttocks.

"Mmm," she murmured, fingers gently running through his dark dreadlocks, making their trinkets rattle softly.

He broke the kiss this time, then kissed her cheekbone lightly.
His hand idly wandered up and down her spine, pausing briefly on scars it encountered along the way, before settling once more on her bum.

Roxanne smiled slightly as she spotted the marks littering his neck and shoulders from last night, exposed now she'd moved his hair away.

"What're you lookin' at?"

"These." She touched the marks.

Teague grinned, his gaze straying to matching ones on her skin.

"They might cause some-"

The sound of a hand brushing along the door cut him off.
"An féidir liom tar isteach?"
The voice was male, melodic and fairly deep, rolling the letter R.

"Is féidir, Lúðvíg," Teague answered swiftly in his native tongue, while Roxanne hastily located a shirt and pulled it over her head, sitting up in the bed, the covers hiding her bare legs.

Captain Lúðvíg Búrason entered the room, closing the door behind himself.

"Apologies," he said, glancing at Roxanne, taking in her dishevelled appearance.

She waved a hand slightly. "You're not the first to have caught us in this state. I'm only glad you didn't walk in last night."

Lúðvíg smiled slightly, then glanced between her and Teague, his green eyes faintly wistful.
After a long moment, he asked "Isn't there a meeting today?"

"Tomorrow. I have far more important things to do today," said Teague, a mischievous glimmer in his eyes as he stretched himself out.

"Aren't you lucky to be married to the only one who can change meeting dates?" Roxanne countered with a grin.

"Very lucky. Lúðvíg, were you sent up to find out about the meeting?"

He nodded, running his long fingers through his light brown hair in a slightly distracted gesture.

Roxanne sighed, realising she'd have to make the change formal.
"Hold on, and you can show this to the other Lords as they arrive, so I don't have tell them all individually," she muttered.

She untangled herself from the sheets and slipped out of bed. Stretching lightly, the shirt only just preserving her decency as she made her way over to the desk and sat down, pulling a piece of parchment towards herself.

After a moment, she stood again, wiping sealing wax off her wedding ring as she passed the parchment to Lúðvíg.

"If any of them question you, send them to me, but my handwriting should be distinctive enough that they know it was me."

"I should think so, nobody else in Shipwreck Cove writes like a governor's daughter," Teague said lightly, his voice lilting with amusement.

Lúðvíg glanced at the paper. "You write nice."

"Far too nice for a Pirate King."

Roxanne aimed a playful cuff at her husband's head, which he dodged easily.

Laughing, she rubbed ink off her fingertips and slipped under the rumpled covers again.

"Thank you Captain Sparrow."
Luðvíg nodded formally. "And I apologise for..." he muttered under his breath, then finished "disturbing you."

He left, closing the door quietly behind himself.

Teague's eyes darkened as he propped himself on his elbow, lust in his gaze as it travelled over Roxanne.

"Now," he murmured, voice low and husky, "how about a proper good morning my King?"

Roxanne's kiss was a more effective answer than words and soon they were lost in enjoying each other amidst the tangled sheets, all thoughts of meetings and responsibilities temporarily forgotten.

A/N Thanks to JasonMurray29 for the use of Captain Búrason.