Snow

"Fucking hell, it's so bloody cold."

Roxanne Sparrow shivered, hands deep in the pockets of her black frock coat.
The snow crunched under her boots as she walked, flakes dusting her hair and shoulders.

"No colder than England would be at this time of year," her husband responded.

"Yeah, I wasn't allowed out when it was this cold in England."

"Ye mean ye never played in the snow as a wain?"
Edward Teague shook his head as he lit the pipe between his teeth, taking a pull and exhaling a cloud of smoke, his breath visible in the cold air.

"No, never," Roxanne replied.

Teague shook his head again.
"You are long overdue a snowball fight Asthore."

The nickname brought a smile to Roxanne's lips.
"What's a snowball fight?"

"Ye make balls of snow an' throw them at each other. Let me finish me smoke an' I'll demonstrate."

He rested his back against a tree, shaking snow off his feathered hat, smoke curling from his lips as he exhaled.

After several moments, he knocked the pipe out and slipped it into his pocket. Stooping to gather a handful of powdery snow before forming it into a ball.

"This," he said, holding it aloft, "is a snowball."

Roxanne stuck her tongue out at him.
"Really? I thought it was a grass ball."

The snowball hit her squarely in the chest, making her flinch.

"Don't sass me when I've a snowball in hand," her husband said, a sparkle in his dark eyes.

She shook the snow off herself, making a ball of her own.

Teague ducked, the snowball knocking his hat off.

"Bitch!" he called playfully, hitting her with a ball on the backside in retaliation.

Roxanne threw two in quick succession, snow covering his shoulder and hip where they'd connected, a dusting of white in his dark hair.

She dodged his next throw, then he got her twice in the stomach.

"You've killed me," she groaned, flopping dramatically onto her back in the snow. Ignoring the freezing temperature and her now wet clothing.

"Is that a surrender, Mrs Sparrow?" Teague asked with a smirk as he stood over her.

"Only if you kiss me for losing to you," Roxanne replied with a slight smile.

He retrieved his hat from where it had landed and took his time brushing the snow off before replacing it on his head.

Then he turned back to her, his hand outstretched.

Roxanne took it, allowing him to pull her to her feet.
She shivered, shaking snow from her hair and coat before turning expectantly to Teague.

He smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her deeply.

When they finally parted for air, Roxanne smiled softly as she reached up to brush snow out of his hair.

"You cold?"

She grinned playfully.
"Not after that kiss. But I think I could use another to make me fully warm."

Teague gladly obliged her request, his tongue battling hers for dominance as she tangled her hands in his hair.

He tasted of smoke and whiskey, lips chapped and hands running over her back.
He pulled her closer, as tight against him as he could.

They parted, breathless.

Roxanne watched as he refilled and lit his pipe before clearing snow from under a tree and sitting down.

She joined him, pulling her coat under her backside, the material damp after being hit by snowballs.

Her head rested on his shoulder as he put an arm around her.

"Did ye enjoy your first snowball fight?"

"Yeah. I'm bloody soaked and freezing though. How about we go have an Irish tea each?" Roxanne suggested, hugging herself as she shivered.

"Sounds good."

Teague kept his arm around her as they walked back to the house, kicking off their boots inside the door.

"Go get changed an' I'll make a start on the tae," he said, kissing her temple as he pulled a chair over to the fire and hung his wet coat on it.

"How about you go change and I'll do the tea?"

"I'm not that cold."

Roxanne was cold, so she went to change, returning to the kitchen and sitting down.

A steaming mug was set in front of her and she wrapped her hands around it, greatful for the heat.

"We both do that," said Teague with a smile.

"What?" Roxanne asked.

"Wrap our hands around mugs of tea, even when our hands aren't cold."

Roxanne chuckled.
"I used to get in trouble for doing it in England. Apparently it's not 'ladylike'. And we used stupid little teacups instead of mugs."

Teague smiled.
"I think ye told me that before."

"It's snowing again," she said after a while, glancing out the window.
"I'm going to stand out in it for a moment."

"An' I was just startin' to get warm again," grumbled Teague playfully.

"Thought you said you weren't that cold anyway," Roxanne said teasingly, slipping her boots back on.
"You don't have to come with me."

"I'm comin'. I'll kiss ye when ye start to get cold."

"I won't be out that long," Roxanne said with a smile as she stepped outside.

Her head tipped back to watch the snowflakes as they spiralled lazily down to earth.

Teague wrapped his arms around her waist, standing behind her.
Softly kissing her head.

She settled her body back against his, liking how she fitted against him.

"You probably think I'm childish," she said after a moment.

"Not at all. I think you lived a sheltered life an' never experienced the things I took for granted growing up," said Teague gently.

He stuck his tongue out, catching a snowflake.

Roxanne turned, resting her chin on his shoulder.
"I love you. Thank you for marrying me. It means I can wear shirts and breeches and stand outside when it snows."

He kissed her lips softly.

"Ye don't have to thank me Asthore. An' I love you too. Always will."

Roxanne smirked.
"Let's go back inside. I have a better way to warm us both up..."

A/N
This is a combination of Pinterest prompts and a need to write fluff between these two before I start torturing them again... *evil grin*