The Letter

The letter fell from his hands, fluttering to the floor.

"What's wrong?" Roxanne asked.

"Read it," Teague choked, lifting the letter and giving it to her before sinking heavily into his armchair, covering his face with his hands.

The letter read:-" Dear Captain Teague,
You don't know me but you know my father. I share the same name and consider myself a friend of Jack's.
Therefore it is my unfortunate duty to inform you that he is dead, dragged to Davy Jones' Locker with the Black Pearl by the Kraken. He died bravely.
My sympathies and condolences,
William Turner Junior."

Roxanne had to read it twice before the message actually sank in.

Her son was dead.

Like her husband, she dropped the letter. Her breath came in shuddering gasps, then the tears started.

Teague gestured for her to come over and enfolded her tightly in his arms.

She buried her head in his shoulder, sobbing, while his tears fell heavily onto her hair.

They held each other tightly, a storm of grief shaking thier bodies.

At last, Teague pulled back, roughly wiping his eyes before opening a cabinet.

He rummaged briefly, then drew out a bottle and two chipped glasses.

Roxanne looked at the bottle in shock as Teague handed her a full glass.

He shook his head, raising his glass in a toast.
"Captain Jack Sparrow!" he said thickly.

"Jackie," Roxanne murmured, eyes bright with fresh tears as she tapped her glass to Teague's before drinking.

Teague grimaced as he drained his glass.
Roxanne refilled hers and threw it back.

Then she stood up, taking her fiddle off the shelf and passing Teague his guitar.

Without discussion, they both began to play, a traditional Irish tune Jack had grown up listening to.

Teague softly sang the words in his native language, gaze fixed on the guitar.

Suddenly he snapped a string, making Roxanne look over at him.

"What?" she asked.

"His Piece of Eight. He didn't pass it onto a successor," said Teague.

"Meaning he can be retrieved from the Locker," said Roxanne slowly, her eyes shining.

Teague nodded, set his guitar aside and rose to his feet, face determined.

"Summon the Brethren Court. We're bringing Jackie back."

A/N Comment? Pretty please?