Injured

Jack let out a groan as his eyes fluttered open.

He blinked, his surroundings slowly coming into focus. He recognised the familiar walls of his cabin on the  Black Pearl and managed a flicker of a smile.

"Jack?"

A pair of concerned blue-grey eyes met his and he looked into the worried face of his wife.

"'M okay, love," he said quietly, wincing as he tried to raise his throbbing head.

"Lie still," she murmured softly, leaning down to kiss his lips tenderly.

She ran her fingers over his cheek, her touch light.

He glanced at her stomach, slightly swollen with the beginning of pregnancy.

"Are you alright?"

"Cut on my shoulder but it's nothing to worry about," she replied, tucking a stray wave of dark brown hair back behind her ear.

"How long have I been out?" Jack asked.

"Just over a day."

Jack lifted his covers slightly, glancing down at himself.
He smirked.

"Did you have fun undressing me, Storm?"

"Maybe. Take note of my amazing bandaging and the stitching under it which is the main reason you're not dead, yet," she retorted.

Eyes sparking, Jack gave her a playful Captain's Salute.

"I'll repay you once I'm better."

"Damn right you will, Sparrow," Storm responded lightly, her smile mischievous.

Jack went to sit up but a firm hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"Thought I told you to lie still," said Storm.

The silver ring on her left wedding finger flashed as she ran her hand through her hair.

"There should be a bottle of rum on my desk. Hand it over."

Storm crossed to the desk and lifted a bottle.

"Empty," she said, turning it upside down.
A single drop fell to the floor to prove her point.

"Why is the rum always gone?" Jack asked irritably.

"Because I drank it. Now I haven't slept in over twenty four hours so shift over and let me in beside you."

She stripped to her underwear before getting into bed next to him.

He kissed her lips gently as she curled up beside him, her eyes closing almost instantly.

He laid his hand protectively over her stomach as he drifted off as well.

A/N Comment? Pretty please? *offers bottle of rum for commenters (don't tell Jack lol)*