Avoiding Madness

Teague swirled the last drops of wine in his bottle before draining it and wiping his mouth.

His study door opened.

His wife Roxanne stepped in, her long brown wavy hair held back by the usual faded wine-coloured bandana.

She placed her hand on her hip, leaning against his desk.

"Madness has descended." she said.

"Who?" asked Teague.

"Jackie, Storm, Diana, Angelica, Edward, Will, Tianna, Camilla, Bootstrap and, for some strange reason, Tia Dalma."

"Oh for fuck sake," said Teague "Seriously?"

Roxanne nodded, raising a bottle to her lips, her shirt sleeve falling back to expose her Pirate brand.

Teague pulled lightly on one of his dreadlocks, frowning slightly.

"I'm not at home," he said simply.

"Jackie knows you are," Roxanne said, taking another mouthful of whatever was in her bottle.

"Shit..." muttered Teague.

He thought for a moment, then smiled, revealing a silver tooth.

"Keeper of the Code business. Urgent. For a meeting tonight."

Roxanne rolled her eyes and shook her head affectionately, before kissing him gently.

"Okay, Eddie. I'll lie for you... if you promise to treat me to some 'business' tonight in our bedroom."

"I love you, Roxy. The Keeper of the Code has business tonight; In the bedroom."

With another gentle, lingering, whiskey-flavoured kiss, Roxanne left, leaving Teague to look forward to their business.

A/N This chapter is dedicated to @MaybelleMourier for the absolutely stunningly beautiful new cover! Thank you so much, Maybelle.

Comments are like rum and equal happiness so leave some please?

Have a nice day!