This Place Is Empty

Walk right in, sit on down, and make yourself at home.

Edward Teague let out a heavy sigh, staring at the cottage door in the vain hope that it would open and his wife would return.

Come on baby, you're just like me, and you hate to be alone.

Months apart, she'd been at sea for months, and he knew she had to be hating the separation as deeply as he was by this stage. A letter wasn't the same as a conversation, an X on paper couldn't make up for the feeling of her lips.

It's funny how things go around, it's crazy, but it's true.

He had never imagined, not even in his wildest dreams, that he'd fall for someone like her. Formerly English aristocracy, now Pirate King thanks to his influence.

This place is empty, oh so empty. It's empty without you.

With only his dog for companionship the tiny cottage felt huge. Huge and barren of other human habitation. He wondered how he'd managed to live here alone before meeting his wife.

Come on, bare your breasts, and make me feel at home.

He didn't want her body, not at the moment. He just wanted her. Her humming softly as she walked around the kitchen in her bare feet, hair dishevelled. Her soft, quiet breathing as she slept in the bed beside him. Her distinctive, irreplaceable presence.

You and me, we're just like all the rest, and we don't wanna be alone.

Most pirates didn't have this problem. Most didn't fall in love, didn't marry. They just jumped into bed with a whore to satisfy their need for company, then moved on with their solitary lives the next morning.
He and Roxanne both valued the others company and affection too much to live like that. He'd never bedded another woman, and never would.

It's funny, how things go around, but go around they do.

He hadn't expected to fall in love, especially not with a governor's daughter at the age of nineteen.
But now he wouldn't change it for the world.

This place is empty, empty, so empty without you. Yeah, this place is empty, empty, so empty without you.

The shadows cast by the fire seemed longer and blacker than usual. The kitchen felt gloomier.

Its empty without you.

It was missing the Sparrow who usually shared it with him.

Come on, simmer down and treat me sweet and cool. At least by now, you have learned how to love a fool.

He sat in thoughtful silence, reflecting on the trails they had overcome together. The scorn and oppression from their families at their relationship. They had endured, and their love was stronger for it.

It's funny how things turn around, it's crazy, but it's true.

Married by nineteen, a father at twenty. If someone had told him when he was fifteen how his life would turn out, he'd have called them mental.
He'd never imagined he'd be left missing his Pirate King as she sailed the seas without him.

This place is empty, so empty, so empty without you.
This place is empty, oh so empty, so empty without you.

So, I've never written anything like this before, but that song fits this scenario perfectly, as that's why it was written.
(For anyone who cares, it was written by Keith Richards while he was home alone and missing his wife.)
I had to apply the same thing to T&R.