Discussing Love

Jack glanced at the note, reading it again.

Meet me on the Troubadour after sunset.
E.T

He slipped it away, looking over at the ship anchored alongside the Pearl.

"Jack?"
The woman's voice startled him and he turned sharply.

"Hello darling," he said softly, taking her hand.

She kissed his jaw and he smiled, tucking a stray wave of brown hair back behind her ear.

"Love you."
He pulled her into a kiss.

"Storm..." Jack murmured when they broke apart to breathe, his lips now on her neck.

They stood together until the sky started to darken.

"I have to go see someone. I won't be long," said Jack, kissing her lips quickly.

He smiled at her and stepped off the Pearl, walking over to the neighbouring ship and boarding it.

A woman met him as he stepped onto the deck.
"Long time no see Jack. You keeping alright?" she asked, smiling.

"Fine thanks Sahara. And you?" he asked, returning her smile.

"Can't complain. Just finishing repairs now. The captain's-"

"Right here," said a male voice with a slight Irish accent.

Jack turned to meet a pair of dark eyes, shaded by the wide brim of a hat.

He gave a two-fingered salute and smiled.
"Hello Dad."

"Hello Jackie," his father replied, returning his salute.

His gaze ran over Jack, then he nodded and waved a ring-adorned hand, indicating for him to follow.

Teague opened the door of the captain's cabin, closing it once Jack entered.

Jack looked around.
"Where's Mum?"

"Fixing sails. Have a seat."
Teague nodded towards a chair and pushed a bottle across the table to Jack.

Jack caught it deftly, raising it to his lips.

His father produced a bottle for himself as he sat down, stretching his legs out and crossing them at the ankles.
He rested his gaze on Jack.

"Who is she?" he asked, pulling the cork out of his bottle.

"Storm Southgate. Branded. 20 something years old-"

"Southgate? English name that. How'd ye meet her?" Teague asked, narrowing his eyes slightly.

Jack sipped his rum.
"I saved her pretty ass from the gallows and she joined my crew for a few months."

"And now you've fallen for her?"

Jack twisted a ring around his finger awkwardly.
"Yes I have," he murmured, not looking at his father.

Teague smirked.
"If she's branded, has a ship and can handle a sword or pistol or better still, both, then she's worthy of being me daughter in law. Ye have me approval but I want to meet her."

"Shouldn't Mum meet her too?" Jack asked.

Teague shook his head.
"Not when she's busy. If ye decide she's the one, bring her to us and I'll marry ye. Then Roxy can meet her."

"Do you want to meet her now?"
Jack took a long swig of rum and wiped his mouth, corking the bottle and lifting it as he stood up.

"Aye alright. Leave that rum there," said Teague, slipping his own bottle into the pocket of his coat before stepping out of the cabin.

Jack led his father onto the Pearl , nodding to the crew who were repairing damage from the battle earlier in the day.

He went to his own cabin and knocked twice.

"She sleeps with ye?" Teague murmured.

"We're a hammock short and I don't trust my crew. She shares my bed, nothing more," said Jack firmly.

"Yet," said Teague dryly under his breath.

"Come in!" Storm's voice called.

Jack opened the door, his father following him.

"Storm, I'd like you to meet Captain Edward Teague, Keeper of the Pirate Code and my father. Dad, Storm Southgate, the woman I love."

Captain Teague extended his hand to Storm.
She took it, meeting his gaze steadily as he assessed her.

She was struck by Jack's resemblance to him.
Although Captain Teague was older, his features weathered by the passing of years, the similarity between the two was striking.

Father and son shared the same dark eyes, heavily outlined with kohl.
They both wore their hair in dreadlocks, though Teague's were black rather than brown, with various trinkets tied in them.
Their build, height and posture were almost identical.
A glance was enough to tell they were related.

"Pleasure to meet you Captain," Storm said, slightly nervous as she realised she was standing before Captain Teague, Keeper of the Pirate Code, who may end up being her father in law.

However, she kept looking him in the eye and after a moment, something flickered in his onyx gaze.

He tipped his hat, then gave her a two-fingered salute.

There was warmth in his eyes as he turned to Jack.

"Aye," he said simply.
"Fine choice Jackie."

Jack released a long breath, his posture visibly relaxing.

Teague smiled slightly.

"Jack, you have my permission to marry her. And if you come to Madagascar I'll do the ceremony."

Jack laughed.
"I'd need to propose first Dad!"

"Something tells me it won't take ye long," said Teague, a glint in his eye.

He tipped his hat.
"I need to get back before I'm missed on the Troubadour so I'll bid ye both farewell. Fair winds Jackie."

Jack tipped his own hat in return.
"Fair winds Dad. Say hello to Mum for me."

"I will," said Teague over his shoulder as he left the cabin.

Storm smirked at Jack.
"Are you afraid of your Dad?"

"Storm, if you saw how fast he can fire a pistol, you'd be scared of him too," said Jack.
"I'm not scared of him unless I piss him off. His temper is legendary among the Brethren Court for good reason-as is my mother's."

"Your mother?" Storm asked, having never heard her mentioned.

"Pirate Lord of Madagascar. Current King of the Brethren Court," Jack answered.

"Brethren Court?" repeated Storm.

"The governing body of piracy. Nine pirates, each lording over an area or sea. I'm one of them-Lord of the Caribbean. Barbossa is another."

Jack fingered the Siamese coin and Moroccan beads dangling over his faded red bandana.

"Each Lord holds a Piece of Eight as proof of their Lordship. This is mine."

"It's pretty," said Storm quietly, reaching up to touch it.

"I suppose it is," Jack agreed.
"Dad is Keeper of the Code."

"You said that. What does that title mean exactly?"

"He keeps order. Makes sure the law is kept. The Code is a massive book full of rules and Dad makes sure they're obeyed. Savvy?"

"Savvy," Storm replied.

She kissed Jack.

"I love you."

He smiled.

"I love you too."

A/N
Apologies for the massive wait between this and the last.
I've been working on other things.
Storm Xx