Injured (2)

"I'm going to bloody kill you."

Edward Teague grunted as he opened his eyes to dim lights and the sound of his wife's voice.

"Many people have tried," he murmured, blinking as the room and Roxanne both came into focus.

"You are absolutely reckless! What were you expecting to happen when you went in there by yourself?"

Her voice was sharp, hands resting on her hips as she stood near the foot of the berth. One of her brows was slightly raised disapprovingly, a glimmer in her eyes and her lips slightly pursed.

"Don't make that face. It's fine. I'm fine."

He winced as he beckoned her with his one available hand; the other was bound against his chest in a sling.

Still looking like she was planning on giving him the kind of severe lecture he'd come to expect from his doctor, Roxanne sat gingerly at the end of the berth.

Teague cursed softly through his teeth as he tried to sit up slightly.

"Don't even fuckin' think about it Edward. Stay lyin' or your current injuries will be the least of yer worries." Soracha's voice floated out of the shadows along with a cloud of sweet-smelling smoke.

Rolling his eyes slightly, he stayed as he was.

Roxanne's expression had softened as she cautiously scooted closer and took his hand in hers, tenderly kissing his knuckles.

"You almost died." Another kiss on the knuckles. "When they brought you back, you were as white as a ghost. There was blood everywhere..."
Her voice shook. "I thought I had lost you."

Now understanding her earlier anger, he pulled her close with his available arm. She very carefully lay beside him, tentatively resting her head on his chest, avoiding the sling.

"You didn't," he murmured against her hair. "I'm here, okay? An' I'm not plannin' on going anywhere."

Her eyes met his and she looked at him for a long moment. A soft smile appeared on her lips.

He pulled the covers around them both, wrapping his good arm around her.

"Am I hurting you?" she asked softly as she curled against his side.

"Nah, you're good there. I-" a yawn cut him off. Roxanne gently kissed his lips.

"Sleep. And try not to scare us like that again for a while at least."

A wry grin touched his lips. "Ye know I can't promise that," he murmured, eyes closed.

"Prat," she muttered fondly.

"Love ye too."