Trouble

"Jackie, I'm disowning you," Teague growled, cursing as he tried to thread a needle.

His son rolled his eyes.

"If you paid me every time you said that..." he murmured wistfully.

"Oh shut up," said Teague.

He narrowed his eyes at the thread.
"Go in you piece of-"

"Give it here."
The needle was plucked from his fingers, deftly threaded and returned.

"Can't you stitch yourself too?"

Jack scoffed.
"I may be brilliant but I'm not that brilliant," he said, lifting the blood-soaked cloth off his stomach to expose a deep wound.

"Brilliant me arse," Teague muttered, lifting a bottle of rum and a clean cloth.

"I heard that," said Jack dryly.

He groaned as Teague poured rum onto the cloth.
"Wasting... rum. I know you don't like it but... wasting it? Surely there's something in the Code..."

Teague fixed him with a stern gaze.

"I'll waste every flaming drop of rum on this ship if it stops you getting an infection. Now shut up about it."

He gave the bottle to Jack and began to clean the long slash on his stomach.

Jack drew in a sharp breath as the alcohol touched his injury.

"Holy mother of Davy Jones, that stings!"

Teague smirked and kept cleaning.

Satisfied, he began to stitch.

"Holy... mother... of... Davy... Jones..." Jack hissed through clenched teeth.

His hand tightened around the neck of his rum bottle as the needle darted in and out of his skin.

"I hate wenches."

"No you don't," said Teague, still stitching.

"I hate that wench."
Jack corrected his statement, as he held his dreadlocks out of his father's way.

"What'd you say to her?" Teague asked.

"I may have... owed her payment... due several months ago." Jack admitted.

Teague shook his head.
"You eejit, Jackie," he said affectionately.

"Thanks. Where's Mum?"

"Sent her off to get wine, as there isn't a drop left on the Troubadour."

"Wonder why," drawled Jack sarcastically.
"As there's only one person on her that drinks it and it isn't my mother."

"Shut up," said Teague, biting the thread and tying it off.

Jack let out a slow breath, relaxing back against his pillow.
He drained the bottle of rum and set it aside, then slowly cracked his knuckles.

"Still disowning me?" he asked casually as he turned carefully onto his side.

Teague gently pulled the covers around his son, then dropped the lightest of kisses on his temple.

"Not until the next time you get into trouble" he murmured.
"And even then, I'll love you anyway."

A/N
Not entirely sure what age Jack is in this and it was another late night idea that wouldn't leave me alone haha.

Hope you enjoy and drop me a comment if you did!
Captain Storm Sparrow