Another Teague

Jack smiled as he saw familiar colours flying from the mast of a nearby ship.

"Lower the anchor!" he called over his shoulder.

"Jack?" asked a voice behind him.

"Yes?" he responded, turning to face his wife.

"Who owns these ships?" Storm asked.

"The one with the skeleton pointing a spear at a heart is Dad's. Mum will be here too but they're obviously on the Troubadour if his colours are flying. The one next to it, with the pistol crossed over a sword with a Celtic cross for a hilt, belongs to Captain R.A Teague."

"Who?" Storm asked, bewildered.

"Captain Rowan something Teague. I'm not telling you her middle name." replied Jack.

"Teague?" Storm repeated.
"Is she related to your Dad?"

Jack laughed.
"You could say that. He's her Dad too."

"You... you have a half-sister?" Storm stammered in shock, having never heard this mentioned before.

"No love. I have a full sister." Jack corrected with a smile.
"She got Dad's surname and I got Mum's. We're full siblings and I'm the eldest."

Storm stared at him, open-mouthed.

"You never told me! Where does she live? What's her ship called? What age is she? What's she like?"

"Slow down!" Jack exclaimed, raising his hands.

"She was raised mainly in Ireland with Dad's people but spent quite a bit of time in Madagascar. She's lived all over, Port Royal, Tortuga, England at one stage and Madagascar and Ireland obviously."

"Her ship is called something Irish that I can never pronounce despite being fluent in the bloody language."

"Age? She's five years younger than me."

"What age are you? I don't think I've ever got a straight answer to that question." Storm told him.

"Thirty six, and if anyone asks I never told you that, savvy?"

Storm nodded.
"What's Rowan like?"

"Hot-tempered, stubborn, sarcastic, headstrong and reckless like Mum. She has Dad's fierce loyalty and the same way of speaking, with an Irish accent because she lived there for most of her life. She is, as far as I know, single. And we're very close, always have been."

"I can't wait to meet her!" Storm exclaimed, kissing Jack's jaw.

"I'm looking forward to seeing her. It's been a long time. She won't believe me when I tell her we're married." Jack said, smiling before kissing her lightly on the lips.

Storm deepened the kiss, then pulled back for air.

Jack glanced over his shoulder, seeing the crew occupied with docking the ship.

"Let's go." he said, slipping his arm around Storm's waist.

She smiled as he guided her into Shipwreck Hall, nodding in greeting to a red-haired woman.

"Hello, Soracha."

"Hiya, Jack. You've found a lass?"

He nodded.
"This is Storm. Where are Mum and Dad?"

Soracha laughed, nodding towards a door.
"I'd advise ye to knock. The other captain Teague is in the hall with whoever else is here."

Jack nodded.
"Thanks, Soracha." he said before rapping lightly on the door she'd indicated.